Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I can only see a defeat here.*

They are playing well and we aren't plus we have the added handicap of playing with only nine players as two of them are missing in McGinn and Barkley.

We are due a thumping and if Brighton were Leicester we'd have lost that previous match 3-0.

*of course, I do hope I'm wrong!

Cash is a huge miss.

very difficult game. Barnes and Vardy are a nightmare. Hopefully their Europa League game and the travelling will take its toll. Cant not be impressed with them though, had a lot of injuries, playing in europe, still right up there. Well run club, something we are starting to emulate. 

Expecting defeat tbh. Hope Jack can have a worldie and we win somehow 🤞

Such a difficult game to predict, It would be a very Villa thing to lose with a potential opportunity to leapfrog a few teams, but it would be a very Leicester thing to lose when they are in touching distance of a guaranteed champions league/title challenge  spot to.

57 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Cash is a huge miss.

very difficult game. Barnes and Vardy are a nightmare. Hopefully their Europa League game and the travelling will take its toll. Cant not be impressed with them though, had a lot of injuries, playing in europe, still right up there. Well run club, something we are starting to emulate. 

Expecting defeat tbh. Hope Jack can have a worldie and we win somehow 🤞

Have they still got players out do you know, or back to full strength?

Emi

Elmo Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz Sanson

Trez Jack Ghazi

Watkins

Doubt we will make so many changes in addition to the likely enforced one at RB. Bring Traore, Barkley and McGinn off the bench to see if they are fired up! Argument for Nakamba instead of Ghazi and keep Jack left. 

Edited by Villa87
  • Like 1

Think this will be a game where Leicester will have majority of possession. I'd play Nakamba in this one to offer the defence some protection. Also drop Barkley for either Samson or Ramsey.

Said it many times but the extra rest we get over other teams doesn't seem to have a positive effect. Doubt them playing Europa will do anything, we'll still be lethargic like we have in last few games.

Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

Before the Brighton game I had a bad feeling about it just because it was the kind of game that we've been prone to drop in this season. Using the same logic, for the most part we've done well against the better teams this season, and wouldn't be surprised if we saw a repeat of that against Leicester, indeed they're much the better team but I'm somehow more confident about this game than the Brighton one, without being too confident, as I know they're a very good team on their day that can destroy anyone with multi directional passing, lightning quick breaks, and ultra precison shooting.

Very very tough.

Last time we played them they didn't have Vardy or Ndidi but both back now and fit.

Leicester ironically haven't been in that amazing form in recent times, Leeds rolled them over and they drew away with Wolves and Everton but think the last 15 minutes of Liverpool game will be turning point in their season given if they'd lost that they'd have probably started to drop out of top 4.

They do have europa game away on Thursday so that can help us but I think we'll have to play very well just to get a point. 1-3 loss.

Going to be interesting what 11 we put out given Cash probably won't make it and midfield could see a few changes.

Edited by VillaChris

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not sure. Justin out for season ovo with ACL. Fofana & Castagne were hamstrings not sure when they’re due back. Hopefully the Czechs play dirty midweek

Leicester got a very strong squad nowadays. Soyuncu has come back and resumed his solid partnership with Johnny Evans which was good for most of last season and Ricardo Peireira has returned now after he did his ACL v us in March.

Their main weakness is LB, will have to play Fuchs or even Albrighton there so that's the area we need to look to attack so big blow Cash is out as AEM can get crosses in but it's not the same sort of outlet.

Leicester's big two though are Vardy and Ndidi. We tend to get results v them when at least one of them is out but different story with both out there.

Over the last six games they've only taken one more point than us. They're a good team, but we're capable of getting a result, we're due a good performance, if that comes then no reason why we can't win, if our defence plays as well at it has been then that will always give us a chance.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Leicester got a very strong squad nowadays. Soyuncu has come back and resumed his solid partnership with Johnny Evans which was good for most of last season and Ricardo Peireira has returned now after he did his ACL v us in March.

Their main weakness is LB, will have to play Fuchs or even Albrighton there so that's the area we need to look to attack so big blow Cash is out as AEM can get crosses in but it's not the same sort of outlet.

Leicester's big two though are Vardy and Ndidi. We tend to get results v them when at least one of them is out but different story with both out there.

Spot on again Chris. Piereira is playing left back but hes a top top player. Soyauncu has made a difference. Barnes is playing well so is Maddison. I think Grealish might have some success on their right side but Ndidi no doubt be on him as well. tough game but different to Brighton.  If I had to put a bet on it I would say a narrow victory to Leicester. Dont think there will be many goals. will be a tight afair like at The King power. 

• Like 1