Watkins

What I expect to see:

Emi

Elmo   Konsa   Mings   Targett

McGinn   Luiz

Traore         Barkley        Grealish 

Watkins

And if we start with that team, I expect a tonking: 5-0

With my team, I still think we will lose, but I think it'll be a better performance and lower scoreline.

Hard to argue with your lineup.

Also think you're right on who will actually be picked (and the end result).

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Think Hause is injured.

I'd still play this shape if we can find a CB either Engels or even Taylor honestly. I'd love to try this formation. Obviously requires some training we haven't really had time for but Tuchel dropped it immediately in at Chelsea.

Could even do Targett at CB but we'd lose a lot from him in the wide left role, maybe stick Trez or McGinn out there?

If we line-up 4231, I think they'll thump us. They change shape all the time to expose opponents and our selection this year has been very predictable.

Yeah I'd love to see us try it, Grealish as part of a 2 behind Watkins would make it a lot harder to double up on him without completely mangling your shape as he'd have a much more free role to pop up left, right or central. Hause not being available makes it unlikely. Don't think we'll see Engels again he's never involved anymore, Revan maybe?

Be interesting to see which of Jack Grealish and James Maddison come out on top in this tussle. I would imagine that the (more ambitious club) Beak will be in the stands for this one salivating at the prospect of a Jack 'no show.' 

On current form, we will lose this game. On current performances, we will lose this game. We can't keep relying on Mr Martinez and his magic powers for much longer. 

That said, I shall cheer the team and the Club on nonetheless... Still a good season for us. We just need to get back in the groove if we really want to justify some of the recent hype. Up The Villa, always. 

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

I don't think we can stop Vardy or Barnes.....we can't do a number on players, like Brighton, we haven't got the personnel for it.....we just have to out shoot them.

I think they will have too much for us, with all their key players back.

Vardy is a past master of spotting weak issues and he will exploit them.

However, we could see the real Aston Villa turn up....and that would pose a possibly different outcome.

We beat them last season in the semi final and they were way above us in the league. We beat them this season at there place.

Neither time was a result expected. 

There is no reason that if we apply ourselves that we can’t beat them again. 

ktf 

• Like 2

We were full strength and on form when we played them last. They, on the other hand, were missing half their team and several key players. We scraped past them with a last minute goal, which was a good result, but given the circumstances on the day, not a good sign for this one.

0-3

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

We were full strength and on form when we played them last. They, on the other hand, were missing half their team and several key players. We scraped past them with a last minute goal, which was a good result, but given the circumstances on the day, not a good sign for this one.

0-3

They had Vardy, Soyuncu and Pereira out. However they did have Justin, Fofana, Evans, Tielemans amongst others and Madison played most of the second half. I’m not saying we’ll win this time but we beat quite a strong Leicester team.

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3-0, 5-0. What’s wrong with you people! 

Yes they are having a great season but they got comfortably beaten by Fulham and Leeds as well. You don’t always have to be as good as your last game. 

They don’t believe in the Villa, oh no 

Obviously expecting a defeat, but you never know. We'll hopefully get a reaction from the players after what has been 3 disappointing performances in our last 4 games. Brighton being the pick of that bunch and Arsenal being the exception.  I don't think Elmo coming in affects us too badly. Certainly won't change the result for the worse.  We need our midfield to grab hold of the game. McGinn needs to be up for it. Hopefully our legs aren't starting to go.  If they are then Jack could be in for a frustrating day and Ollie could be isolated, and Maddison and Barnes (and Vardy) could run riot.

Head says 1-3, heart says 1-1.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think Elmo coming in affects us too badly. Certainly won't change the result for the worse. 

Not sure on that, I'd certainly prefer the mobility and tackling of Cash against Barnes than Elmo's more 'steering' approach and I think we might miss the industry of Cash - Elmo os solid enough, but I'm not sure whether Traore and Elmo is a dynamic enough combination - we might need Trezeguet just for his industry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure on that, I'd certainly prefer the mobility and tackling of Cash against Barnes than Elmo's more 'steering' approach and I think we might miss the industry of Cash - Elmo os solid enough, but I'm not sure whether Traore and Elmo is a dynamic enough combination - we might need Trezeguet just for his industry.

I think Elmo the old head will play a more conservative defensive game against Leicester and I don't think he'll get caught out as a result. It will be to the detriment of his attacking game so there'll be more onus on the winger in that sense, but I've no worries about us at the back, where ironically Cash might have had more rescuing to do because of his own endeavour.

• Like 2

I worry that Elmo sometimes just steers a winger into an area where there are other defenders rather than address the ball carrier himself - that can be quite effective, but Barnes in particular will welcome that, he can keep coming until he draws a CB out of position and wait for space for Vardy.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Obviously expecting a defeat, but you never know. We'll hopefully get a reaction from the players after what has been 3 disappointing performances in our last 4 games. Brighton being the pick of that bunch and Arsenal being the exception.  I don't think Elmo coming in affects us too badly. Certainly won't change the result for the worse.  We need our midfield to grab hold of the game. McGinn needs to be up for it. Hopefully our legs aren't starting to go.  If they are then Jack could be in for a frustrating day and Ollie could be isolated, and Maddison and Barnes (and Vardy) could run riot.

Head says 1-3, heart says 1-1.

Things must be bad if you could only see a draw in your heart

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigel said:

Really hoping Leicester dont pick up 4 or 5 injuries on thursday!

As a Leicester City supporter I find that extremely sporting of you.

Oh just a second !!   That was sarcasm!!

• Haha 4