Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Expect a loss. They are one of the better sides in the league. We have gradually gotten worse and worse. And we are shite at home. 

Prove me wrong.

From Whoscored

Their only defeat in their last five at Villa Park came at West Ham's expense earlier this month 

Edited by Kiwivillan

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

From Whoscored

Their only defeat in their last five at Villa Park came at West Ham's expense earlier this month 

I just read our entire fixture list, and while we're more even away and home than I expected, I think the opponents we've beaten or lost to, are wildly different in quality. We simply are much better away. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just read our entire fixture list, and while we're more even away and home than I expected, I think the opponents we've beaten or lost to, are wildly different in quality. We simply are much better away. 

No question we've been better away and that's weird but I think results across the board for all teams are out the window because no fans, including us 

• Like 2

I think i'm still traumatised by the performance at Brighton, we got a point i know but that was abysmal. I just cannot comprehend how we can go from so bad to good enough to take anything from today against an in form Leicester team who are desperte to stay in the top 4 hunt and are better away than they are at home, whilst we are worse at home also. Add to that a disrupted defence and it all adds up to what appears an obvious Leicester victory.

I hope all the signs are pointing the wrong way on this occasion.

Sky Sports News are featuring an extended interview with Rodgers today. Let's hope it's one of those interviews where he builds himself and the team up and then it is coincidentally following by an awful performance and a defeat.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rodgers and think he's a very good manager but I'd prefer to see Villa win obviously. Is it just me or does it always happen like that? A big interview by a coach/player followed by a defeat?

Anyway, I'd be happy with a point as I think 4 pts from this Leicester team is a very good return. Hoping for a win though.

21 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I think i'm still traumatised by the performance at Brighton, we got a point i know but that was abysmal. I just cannot comprehend how we can go from so bad to good enough to take anything from today against an in form Leicester team who are desperte to stay in the top 4 hunt and are better away than they are at home, whilst we are worse at home also. Add to that a disrupted defence and it all adds up to what appears an obvious Leicester victory.

I hope all the signs are pointing the wrong way on this occasion.

Last 5 games -

Leicester have won 8 points.

Villa have won 7 points. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'd be confident about Konsa against most forwards. His form this season has been a revelation. Hopefully, he has Steptoe in his pocket. 

Is anyone up-to-date with what is going on with Wagatha Christie

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Expect a loss. They are one of the better sides in the league. We have gradually gotten worse and worse. And we are shite at home. 

Prove me wrong.

We're not that bad at home, just feels like it because we had that run of defeats a while back. 5 wins out of 10 home games so 50% win ratio and there isn't that many teams with home record as good as that in this unique season when you look at how Liverpool have fared at Anfield in last six weeks.

Everton above us and think they've only won 4 out of 11 home games.

Incredibly tough game today. Leicester are a better team with better players and in fairness, as much as I love Smith, a better manager. 

They're the club we should be looking to replicate. 

I'm sure they'll want revenge for that late winner at their place. A draw would be a good result today. 

I'm not sure what to expect with the team. I can see both decision really, changing things and keeping things the same. 

For all the moaning we still have picked up 4 pts in the last 2 and not conceded a goal. 

• Like 1

I thought the Arsenal performance was fine. Best we’ve played in a while; its the games against Soton, West Ham, Brighton where our levels have dropped and we’ve stagnated. We kept clean sheets in 2 of those, so defensively we’ve looked quite sound but its been too easy to get at us and its made us look uncertain of ourselves again whereas earlier in the season everyone was confident and on top of their game. Leicester and Leeds are 2 sides that can certainly come at you and sew seeds of doubt in your mind. We can quickly get overwhelmed if we aren’t careful. we need to stand up to the challenge and get at them. Some quick one touch passing would be nice, we seem to want an age on the ball lately. Time to get back to some form.