Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/21 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Chelsea will get back to top 4 under Tuchel. I've got no doubts about that. Their squad is unreal.

I still think City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea will be the top 4.

5th and 6th is up for grabs. Everton, Leicester, West Ham and us are all very much in it. Spurs and Arsenal both look done and dusted

Man Utd look ok too for some reason, have a feeling they’ll be up there too. Leicester look lost with our Vardy

Edit, sorry you said united

Edited by alreadyexists

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Arsenal fans seem to be very convinced Konsa should have a red and Lacazette should have had a pen after his clash with Emi.

Honestly I could have sworn that Saka tripped Ezri up. And his reaction seemed consistent with that when the ref gave the free kick to Arsenal.

• Like 1

Excellent. Great response to a poor showing midweek. Voted Watkins MOTM again, so good and tireless in chasing back to help defend. Shout outs to Marv, Cash and Emi too. Same points total as last season, happy days!

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Honestly I could have sworn that Saka tripped Ezri up. And his reaction seemed consistent with that when the ref gave the free kick to Arsenal.

Saka tripped Ezri... and if it was a coming together and Ezri to blame, it was by no means a clear goal scoring opportunity so they’re just salty. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

We honestly could have won this 3 or 4-0. The scoreline flatters Arsenal.

I wasn’t able to watch the game, but I’ve just caught the Sky 3 minute highlight.. and I thought the same as this.. on another day those chances go in for us..

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

At the end of the day it's just papering over cracks for them.

A Arsenal team of old didn't rely on decisions to win games.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Arsenal fans seem to be very convinced Konsa should have a red and Lacazette should have had a pen after his clash with Emi.

That was nothing like Ming's against Zaha. That's probably what they are referring to

19 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

That Ghanian Arsenal fan @ 0:54 is thinking 'f##k this I don't know Arsenal too'

Would love to see these at Villa Park and get the whole Holte doing this, Making a curry in the kitchen with a bottle of brandy and cold lager and singing doing the dance to this. Mrs just came in and walked straight back out 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Don't believe the hype in the media and on AFTV - Arsenal have still got some very good players.  Imagine being able to bring Aubameyang and Ødegaard off the bench?

This is a big win.

They have a good team and were much improved since the last time we played them. If they played a bit more direct at times, instead of over playing passes, then they would be a real threat. 

• Like 1

Before today's game Arsenal were one of the form teams in the league, I think only Man Utd and Man City had take more points over the last ten fixtures, only reason they lost to Wolves was because of giving away a penalty and the sending offs. Todays win was a very good one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We do give the ball away too cheaply and too often....ball control should be better...

Made tougher when Luiz doesn’t play. He’s very important to our possession stats and recycling the ball, but I think he needed a break.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If there was one neggie....you have found it.

We do give the ball away too cheaply and too often....ball control should be better....Jack is one of the few who has it.

We bring teams in to the game, by being too sloppy on the ball....but Great result.

It does seem churlish to be complaining after a great result, its just that we all know it surely doesn't have to be that way any more. We have shown that we can play a lot more fluently, finding our men and even purring at times, but that seems to have gone, so I'd like to understand why. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Without having seen it back in slow mo , I Think Saka’s trailing leg caught Konsa’s running leg , was kinda similar to what happened to David Luiz v wolves 

edit - if I’d had waited 30 seconds I could have seen the post after mine :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

Â