Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/21 at 23:59

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree and if we are honest we would have lost the game against west Ham even with Marvelous in the side.  There was more effort collectively against Arsenal, Martinez had a great game as well but against West Ham he had a shocker, and west Ham were more clinical. 

I agree, sometimes its a collective mentality on the day and thats hard to shake off.....even subs, don't always do it.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 17:09, TRO said:

The problem is players move in an out of form....the great ones, like Jack show consistency.

A favoured player this week can be a doubt next week.....that is not us being fickle, its us evaluating their play, not necessarily the player.....variations in form can change opinions, if that form drifts away, for a long period.

Nakamba's last 2 outings give us another dimension, he is not eye candy, but he has presence and can be effective in denying teams initiative.....he douses the flames.

Yeah, he does the nitty gritty stuff. He's never going to be spectacular but he's an important presence in there for certain games. Whilst Luiz is what I call a "lovely footballer", I'm yet to be convinced about his presence or impact he has on certain games. This is why squad rotation and different tactics for different games is essential.

32 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yeah, he does the nitty gritty stuff. He's never going to be spectacular but he's an important presence in there for certain games. Whilst Luiz is what I call a "lovely footballer", I'm yet to be convinced about his presence or impact he has on certain games. This is why squad rotation and different tactics for different games is essential.

I agree, he has the quinntessential skills of a Brazilian

I am not convinced he is a DM...Yet...whether he develops in to one, who knows.He is only 22 so that could easily happen....its another question, of does he want to be one?

I have no doubting in his skill on the ball.....but at times,in certain games, we need a more combative approach....He does get relieved of the ball a fair few times too, by getting caught in possession.

but that is just my opinion....

Â