Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I like the idea of getting Tuanzebe in as the extra body needed at the back for minimum outlay.  Mings are Konsa never gonna be ousted as first choice.  Leaves us more able to drop a big sum on a midfielder.

What is the club paying Mackenzie to do if he can't find a talented bargain CB that would jump at chance to join us instead of ex loanee with terrible injury history?

• Like 1

With Bert and others, they've now had time to settle in and a full preseason. I think the existing team will improve, the squad depth has improved and the new signings look awesome

Good Times ahead

• Like 3

One last thing on Bertie for me, when he gets back to full fitness, he will get his chance and if he comes back even better then Leon has to be top class overtime he loses the shirt. Deano has said often that the shirt is yours to lose. Having 2 class players in very position is the goal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Does that count as "next level ambition" and "ambition is off the charts"?

I'm thinking Messi!   (not really).

If we have to overpay to get him then yes - I know many think that problematic and for sure I like the idea of Kamada etc - but I'm pretty certain we are looking for proven premier league quality. 

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Let's see what next level ambition means shall we? JWP isn't on that level imo but the club have surprised us many times recently. 

Didn't you post that Buendia and Bailey signings didn't impress you?

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Let's see what next level ambition means shall we? JWP isn't on that level imo but the club have surprised us many times recently. 

Are you basing this on the tweet of an account with 12 followers who is only famous on VillaTalk because somebody, for some reason, keeps pumping them? 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We should sign a defensive midfielder who Smith actually wants to use in order to get the best out of McGinn.

He has been written off as not good enough for where we want to be, but if we can unshackle him get the very best out of him we will fly. It's a potential double win for us. 

We don't need DCM if playing 2 #8s in a double pivot. That's what McGinn/Sanson/Luiz are and what Smith clearly seems to favour

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We should sign a defensive midfielder who Smith actually wants to use in order to get the best out of McGinn.

He has been written off as not good enough for where we want to be, but if we can unshackle him get the very best out of him we will fly. It's a potential double win for us. 

We should sign a DCM to make the ball stick more before going to the back line.

Hopefully that improves McGinn’s performances as an after affect 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Are you basing this on the tweet of an account with 12 followers who is only famous on VillaTalk because somebody, for some reason, keeps pumping them? 

Yes, its a bit of fun. Light relief after a few dark days would be welcome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

We don't need DCM if playing 2 #8s in a double pivot. That's what McGinn/Sanson/Luiz are and what Smith clearly seems to favour

Well no, we don't *need* anything. I am merely suggesting what would be best for John McGinn, and therefore the team, in my opinion. Smith will do whatever he wants. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't you post that Buendia and Bailey signings didn't impress you?

No it was Bailey and Ings.  Having said that I retracted the Bailey bit in his thread.