Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Anything in these reports we are in for this 18-year-old Sarr fella

What reports? I’ve seen a few people talking /tweeting about the reports that we’re interested but not the actual reports. Who is reporting it? 

30 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

What reports? I’ve seen a few people talking /tweeting about the reports that we’re interested but not the actual reports. Who is reporting it? 

There are a lot of Sarr’s which one is it?

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

When grealish was playing as a central midfielder. Neither him or Buendia will play as deep as Jack did in the championship.

It will be a 4-2-3-1 and whatever you want to say aside from LB the 3 behind the St are the only positions we don't have 2 backups. We don't even have 1.5 because trez is crocked. He have 4 players for 3 positions.

I think the obvious move is signing a winger who can play as a St. But one a bit physically stronger than traore to give us a different option. Marcus Thuram as I have suggested I think would be a great fit. Although we could maybe go for someone a bit pacier in Leon Bailey although he is weaker.

That will give us the necessary 5 I think to go into a season (we could do with 6 given we ended up with Ramsey or McGinn at CAM at points last season and I think they are better as CMs of DMs) but I think it is unlikely 3 get injured at a time again and Sanson could potentially play as a CAM. 

Neither Buendia or Jack will be playing in the hole much next season, unless it's a tactical shift for an injury and we swap back to 4-2-3-1 and bring Traore into the starting line up...  McGinn, Douglas Luiz, and Sanson will start in the 3 CM spots with Jack and Buendia flanking Ollie up front.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Neither Buendia or Jack will be playing in the hole much next season, unless it's a tactical shift for an injury and we swap back to 4-2-3-1 and bring Traore into the starting line up...  McGinn, Douglas Luiz, and Sanson will start in the 3 CM spots with Jack and Buendia flanking Ollie up front.  

Both can happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

If we're after a Ward-Prowse type, would Celtic's Turnbull be a good alternative for our side? Think we'd be unlikely to lose value on him, he'd not come in demanding a starting place but would add creativity when we need to rest / rotate. 

He does look like he's has bags of potential. 

We were interested before he signed for them. Personally I think it would be a smart signing 

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

As feared, things are moving for Pope Matar Sarr. Aston Villa is the most enterprising club to sign the Senegalese but "other European clubs are also interested".

Well I will just hope if it is true that Lange is making a smart move as never seen and never heard of.

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why dont we have budget? I really want a quality DCM but if we didnt get one we wouldnt be massively having a problem but if Ollie gets injured or an alternative to Ollie is a major problem.  Maybe our focus should be striker and thus focus budget on that.  Given our likely budget I dont see why we cant have both

A striker that would expect to start for a CL side would typically, I imagine, be £50m+ (unless its a mickey mouse CL team) and I don't see us dropping that kind of money on a striker or that kind of striker coming in as Ollie is our first choice and we don't have European football for rotation.

I think we should be looking for competition/good back up but I think they will come in as second slot.  We have to be really smart here.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's played around half his Villa career games at RW. His best Villa game was brace against Baggies in Championship on RW.

Just checked LW vs RW 48 vs 46 for Villa all comps

Most of the games he has played on the right this season we might as well have had 10 men.

I am not a huge fan but even less so when he is off the LW.

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Well I will just hope if it is true that Lange is making a smart move as never seen and never heard of.

We were linked to him a few weeks ago and noted on here. Boy’s got Rob Mackenzie signing written all over him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

It will be very difficult to find a back up for Ollie who is good enough and happy to sit on the bench. Probably impossible. In my opinion the answer is a wide forward who can play with Ollie and instead of him when required. They don’t necessarily have to play every game but at least enough games to keep him interested and sharp. 

Still not an easy player to find but at least more possible and more desirable than a backup. Backup players shouldn’t really be a thing we’re looking for anyway. They should always be able to provide at least some completion for places. 

Same issue as for Kane, where Son tends to be the cover as you say. Everton have the same problem.

18 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

As feared, things are moving for Pope Matar Sarr. Aston Villa is the most enterprising club to sign the Senegalese but "other European clubs are also interested".

Decent player plenty of potential. I've got BT SPORT so watched a few French ligue 1 games. Personally I'd prefer K.Thuram or Kamara from Marseille. But Sarr isn't bad and can thrive and improve. Has a ridiculously powerful shot though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Villa should be all over this as Neves is very talented.

Another sitting midfielder who can't tackle?  He is a Dougie L but has reached his ceiling.  I wouldn't want to go near this for the money they would want.  Anyway, I thought we were only signing British or South Americans??😉   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Most of the games he has played on the right this season we might as well have had 10 men.

I am not a huge fan but even less so when he is off the LW.

I was just saying he's played a significant number of games at RW while at Villa though i think most were in Championship