Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, I wish I hadn't mentioned it cos it's not going to happen but...

Barca are asking for £34m for Coutinho.

They could do with 34 million but really they want him off the wage bill

I want to point something out just once.

With the talk of signing much more expensive players, aside from convincing them to join (usually with a big wage packet), and affording the large fee. It is the wages that is most damaging.

If you want to sign players on 200k a week on a four year deal you are agreeing to a 40 million commitment plus their transfer fee, I don't think this is the way forward.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

With the talk of signing much more expensive players, aside from convincing them to join (usually with a big wage packet), and affording the large fee. It is the wages that is most damaging.

If you want to sign players on 200k a week on a four year deal you are agreeing to a 40 million commitment plus their transfer fee, I don't think this is the way forward.

I agree for players like Coutinho but anyone under 26 you perhaps have a chance of recouping or even making a profit. Players like Tammy if you can get for around £40m and 100-150k wages is what we should be looking for.

33 minutes ago, paul514 said:

What even if it does get us champions League football and league title wins, I think the cost is worth it because I'm not the one paying for it, it will be our Owners and if they see it as possible and willing to support it, then it would happen.

Isnt this essentially where were trying to head though, players who usually are on those wages are the best in the world.

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What even if it does get us champions League football and league title wins, I think the cost is worth it because I'm not the one paying for it, it will be our Owners and if they see it as possible and willing to support it, then it would happen.

Isnt this essentially where were trying to head though, players who usually are on those wages are the best in the world.

Judging by previous signings it doesn't seem the route their taking.

21 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

I agree for players like Coutinho but anyone under 26 you perhaps have a chance of recouping or even making a profit. Players like Tammy if you can get for around £40m and 100-150k wages is what we should be looking for.

Under 24 maybe

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We aren’t at that stage, a single signing isn’t going to do that and like all transfers that isn’t guaranteed.

Transfers are calculated gambling and gamblers who don’t have a load more money to make other bets shouldn’t be making a big bet in the first place.

As for it isn’t our money... ok but don’t forget we nearly went out of business under Xia

Just mentioned him elsewhere but people constantly mention the fantasy DM who's tall and has physical presence (and who can also chip in with the odd goal and assist).

Well he plays for Lazio, Sergj Milinkovic-Savic. 26 now and in the past been linked to likes of Man. United, PSG and Juve. For whatever reason he's never made the big move but a pretty good player in Serie A. 6ft 3 in and 35 goals in 180 games for them, 6 goals in Serie A this season which isn't bad as Lazio don't play him as number 10 anymore (he scored 12 in 17/18 playing that role).

When people talk about ambitious but reasonably realistic signings we could make to push our level up I'd say that's the sort we need to make in next two years, would be similar to when Leicester signed Tielemans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just mentioned him elsewhere but people constantly mention the fantasy DM who's tall and has physical presence (and who can also chip in with the odd goal and assist).

Well he plays for Lazio, Sergj Milinkovic-Savic. 26 now and in the past been linked to likes of Man. United, PSG and Juve. For whatever reason he's never made the big move but a pretty good player in Serie A. 6ft 3 in and 35 goals in 180 games for them, 6 goals in Serie A this season which isn't bad as Lazio don't play him as number 10 anymore (he scored 12 in 17/18 playing that role).

When people talk about ambitious but reasonably realistic signings we could make to push our level up I'd say that's the sort we need to make in next two years, would be similar to when Leicester signed Tielemans.

He isnt a DM though, he is more box to box but needs a specific midfield build for him to play

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He isnt a DM though, he is more box to box but needs a specific midfield build for him to play

yeah sorry the template is usually Lucas Leiva/Parolo-SMS-Luiz Alberto (who's pretty good aswell and was young when he was at Liverpool). Lazio fun team to watch generally ever since Inzaghi Jr became maanger.

Would be certain upgrade on likes of McGinn and Sanson anyway and give us far more physical presence centrally which is demanded year in year out in midfield.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

yeah sorry the template is usually Lucas Leiva/Parolo-SMS-Luiz Alberto (who's pretty good aswell and was young when he was at Liverpool). Lazio fun team to watch generally ever since Inzaghi Jr became maanger.

Would be certain upgrade on likes of McGinn and Sanson anyway and give us far more physical presence centrally which is demanded year in year out in midfield.

they play 3 centre backs and wing backs but create chances for fun, if he was 2 or 3 years younger Alberto would be perfect for us. Incredible playmaker

supersub Caicedo from City as well :D 

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Offer Lazio Wesley and some €€€ for Sergj Milinkovic-Savic ...

why would Lazio accept Wesley when they already have one of the best strikers in Europe at the moment plus spent 20 million on a striker who seems similar to Wesley

We always seem to get linked to their players and if they don't get promoted wouldn't be surprised to us again linked with the likes of Henry, Dasilva, and Toney. If you look at our current players the ones that have impressed the most are the ones that came from the championship, Konsa, Cash, Watkins, Grealish, Mings and McGInn had played most of their football at that level as well. So wouldn't be at all surprised to see us add a few more this summer.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Koopmeiners!!!! Younger and cheaper.

• Like 1