Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, useless said:

Southampton haven't been great either, if we were playing a side as bad as we've been I'd expect us to be a couple of goals up by now, Southampton haven't even created any real chances. We deserve our lead because we've created chances and managed to score.

Really? While they haven’t created chances I think they have been really good in midfield.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Roy really liked Villa, his spell didn't work out but only had good things to say about the club.

He loves Jack as well. Always bigs him up and talks about his bravery.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Real smash and grab first half.

Wakins needs to hold onto the ball better as everything was bouncing off him constantly giving back possession.

Positives were the goal and the defending which were very good but Southampton must be head scratching how they finished the first half 1 down.

Hardly. We had the 2 best chances. You have had no shots on target. Not really a smash and grab when the opponent is just plinking on the armour.

Also we dominated for the last 10 minutes. And the goal was In the middle of that period. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Roy really liked Villa, his spell didn't work out but only had good things to say about the club.

True. I was just surprised to hear him speak so positively. Most of the soundbites/"highlights" you see are him being a bit... cantankerous, shall we say.

Yeah the sky lot must be blind, the ball changes direction, I don’t get how they can’t see it.

Anyway worse we have played this season I think or partly Southampton have been good with the ball in midfield which probably makes it looks worse than it it. Bertrand and Luiz look tired, give em 10-15 and get Trez and Sanson on.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Hardly. We had the 2 best chances. You have had no shots on target. Not really a smash and grab when the opponent is just plinking on the armour.

Also we dominated for the last 10 minutes. And the goal was In the middle of that period. 

he's a villa fan mate

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

last time we played this lot we let in 4 goals in 45min. surely this is better?

It was three goals, all of which were frankly worldies. I don't think we were that badly outplayed that time, there was a hell of a lot of bad luck though.

This time we've looked easily second best, but possession is worthless of you're not doing anything with it. We made ours count.

We definitely dodged a bullet with the penalty shout though. How it wasn't given I'll never understand.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Looked like a Pen to me. We would be livid if it was not given to us.

Rules are rules mate, as we’ve been told lately (Man City).  Worked in our favour for once. I thought it was a pen but happy the rules said it wasn’t.

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

why didint they gave corner  after no penalty decision? Ball still left the field from our players touch.

New rule just for this week. 

Next week all the rules change again.

Its called Rule Roulette.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not sure what the officials were looking at for the penalty shout, but we got lucky there by my estimation. I'd be furious if I were a Soton fan.

That said, we've been robbed of about 9 points by VAR this season, so I'll take it.

Great assist from Jack for the goal.

just shown it again at half time from the front it looks lit it hits cash on the though then goes towards his arm but it's all blurred.  Fron the rear camera it you have no idea from field of depth if it's hit is arm or a metre away and that's the view they keep saying it hit is arm.

it may well of but  you can't give it from that.