General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Seem to have sacked off the super long extra time already.

I did see that the ball had been in play an extra few minutes in the first 3 weeks compared to last season so maybe that's come into the thinking.

Edited by villan95

Virgil van Dijk's charging by the FA for allegedly treating an official with incredible disrespect seems very fair to me, if true. He reportedly called a ref a "****-ing cheat" on TV. That's unacceptable!

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Virgil van Dijk's charging by the FA for allegedly treating an official with incredible disrespect seems very fair to me, if true. He reportedly called a ref a "****-ing cheat" on TV. That's unacceptable!

Should be given a long ban and would be a win for referees especially this seems to be a club agenda to have a pop at referees. I think his manager got a very lenient ban recently for calling a referee biased

I would be disgusted if Emery and McGinn were acting this way

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Should be given a long ban and would be a win for referees especially this seems to be a club agenda to have a pop at referees. I think his manager got a very lenient ban recently for calling a referee biased

I would be disgusted if Emery and McGinn were acting this way

Totally agree with you but fk all or very little will be the probable outcome , as a club they are just pieces of shit trying to bully there way through 

• Like 3

Nothing new these days nut Hearts have just conceded a goal to PAOK where their player from an offside position  basically jumped over the ball to distract the defender and it went in the net nut without interfering with play. Something's got to give.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Attacker isn't there the defender puts his foot through that

They seem incapable of common sense

Right, because the attacker is either there or is invisible, that's the situation at hand

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Handball not given for Luton last night 

https://streamin.me/v/0500aab1

To be fair, consistency aside, I'm OK with that not being a pen. Hits just above the elbow, isn't intentional, and doesn't clearly stop a goal scoring opportunity. Indirect FK would be much more suitable, but those seem to have been removed from the game.

I desperately try to defend them as a former referee but they’re making it impossible. I firmly believe behaviour needs to be sorted out at the top so that it trickles down and the standard thereby improves as more referees are retained, but these decisions make it impossible for players to behave well and it just can’t be a standard thing. There is just no way that the 5 or whatever refs who actually had sight of that City goal can all agree that’s onside. 

Â