Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Perhaps the biggest overreaction from a "manager" to a bottle kick in football history. 

Such a massive shame if he goes. 

Gerrard's a mountain sized cock. 

In fairness Stevie Me never made a mistake that led to a goal 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Injuries limited his chances under Smith. And at that time he was new to the league as well.

Gerrard destroyed his confidence by playing a badly performing McGinn over him no matter what, he had no match fitness/confidence by the time Unai came in.

Ultimately I think Dean Smith could have helped his chances a little by a least trying to Sanson for an extended time. If you remember McGinn was under lots of criticism for his poor performances yet Smith continued to back him when many were calling for some change.

Gerard compounded that further by playing odd formations and persisting with McGinn too.

No wonder Sanson's confidence is shot to bits and he wants out. I don't blame him at all.

By the way Montpellier and Avignon are as beautiful part of the world as you are likely to see, good luck to Monsieur Sanson.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ultimately I think Dean Smith could have helped his chances a little by a least trying to Sanson for an extended time. If you remember McGinn was under lots of criticism for his poor performances yet Smith continued to back him when many were calling for some change.

Gerard compounded that further by playing odd formations and persisting with McGinn too.

No wonder Sanson's confidence is shot to bits and he wants out. I don't blame him at all.

By the way Montpellier and Avignon are as beautiful part of the world as you are likely to see, good luck to Monsieur Sanson.

Sanson was barely available under Smith, he had a horrible run with injuries after appearing in his first 6 or so matches under him before his first injury. 

This situation is 95% down to Gerrard and his moronic freeze out over a bottle kicking incident and a shit back pass. Something, ironically, that Gerrard himself managed to turn into a meme. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sanson was barely available under Smith, he had a horrible run with injuries after appearing in his first 6 or so matches under him before his first injury. 

This situation is 95% down to Gerrard and his moronic freeze out over a bottle kicking incident and a shit back pass. Something, ironically, that Gerrard himself managed to turn into a meme. 

He was also fit and available for many a match (under Smith) when McGinn failed to impress too, he was far from injured the whole time...

Edit: I looked back and you are right @Steero113 he wasn't available much at the end of Smith's tenure.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People said the same about Veretout😉

He had age on his side and he’s only played the odd game for them.  Sanson will never be good enough for France. He isn’t even good enough for Villa!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Don't think he got a fair crack of the whip. My only gripe is for a CM he was very one footed, similar to Hourihane. For a CM you need to be very two footed to help move the ball quicker. 

Glad to move him on for his own career and to create space in the squad and free up some wages. 

52 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This again. Always always this. He was introduced slowly to the team as he himself said he needed to adapt to pace of Prem. He started 3 of 4 Prem games before he got injured.

Sanson was injured for nearly the entire time he was here under Smith. He got a knee injury shortly after joining that kept him out for months.

He then came on in EFL cup game in September when he just returned to fitness and injured himself again and was distressed going off. Smith was fired a month or so later

A simple check if any football stats website takes 30 seconds yet we see this nonsense made up history of events repeatedly. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This again. Always always this. He was introduced slowly to the team as he himself said he needed to adapt to pace of Prem. He started 3 of 4 Prem games before he got injured.

Sanson was injured for nearly the entire time he was here under Smith. He got a knee injury shortly after joining that kept him out for months.

He then came on in EFL cup game in September when he just returned to fitness and injured himself again and was distressed going off. Smith was fired a month or so later

A simple check if any football stats website takes 30 seconds yet we see this nonsense made up history of events repeatedly. 

And Chill.

He was here three months before his first injury in April 2021 which admittedly seemed a bad knee injury...

My point was McGinn was poor way before when Sanson got injured hence it would have been nice to see him play a bit more than a mere three to four games.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

16/17

https://www.ligue1.com/ranking/assists?seasonId=2016-2017&StatsActiveTab=0

A few other sources state he got 14 rather than 12.

Oh he played for 2 different clubs this season. That's why he wasn't showing up on some assist charts.

By the way I believe the 14 number is more accurate. The discrepancy seems from this match. He gets 2 assists here that some sites forgot to count for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcrwC6Wzhk

• Thanks 1

Â