Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

But no clean slate for Fred?

I'm assuming he's going to start we don't have another rb other than cash in the squad and digne and cash have only just come back from injury. So unless we are going with chambers at RB. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm assuming he's going to start we don't have another rb other than cash in the squad and digne and cash have only just come back from injury. So unless we are going with chambers at RB. 

Chambers, Konsa, Young?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Both CBs and I assume we won't play the first XI midweek. Though given that the WC occurs after next game week then perhaps they will. 

Chambers played at RB under Emery at Arsenal and Konsa has played RB with us a few times.  Both would be a more defensive option at RB which Emery seems to like, with the other Full Back the one bombing forward.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Interesting from the Preece article in the BM:

"During the ballwork, John McGinn and Marvelous Nakamba - in yellow bibs - were up against French duo Boubacar Kamara and Morgan Sanson in the midfield battle"

So, we are either going to see McGinn and Nakamba in the pivot or Sanson and Kamara. Let's hope it's the latter.

This made me laugh!

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven’t really seen anything in his previous cameos that’s been that impressive to be honest. 

This sounds like I’m being negative. I’m not. I’ll be absolutely thrilled if he’s a good player. I’ve just seen a lot of players before hyped up because of a cameo and they end up being shit (Jean II Makoun anyone?)

I think you’re being very harsh there in all honesty.

Whilst no one is claiming he has pulled up trees and such like, I think he has shown that he is an assured player and comfortable in his surroundings.

In my view and based upon those cameo’s, I feel that if given a run of approx 7-10 games, he would establish himself as a lynch pin of our midfield 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

"During the ballwork, John McGinn and Marvelous Nakamba - in yellow bibs - were up against French duo Boubacar Kamara and Morgan Sanson in the midfield battle"

Poor JM and MN never stood a chance!

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

Whilst no one is claiming he has pulled up trees and such like, I think he has shown that he is an assured player and comfortable in his surroundings.

In my view and based upon those cameo’s, I feel that if given a run of approx 7-10 games, he would establish himself as a lynch pin of our midfield 

VTers sure love to give a good lynching

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

That pass is being talked about too much. It's not the best pass from Digne to him either. And there is a bigger mistake made by our goalie for the first goal.

Exactly.  He was on the run with a ManU player pressing hard on his heels and really had no good options to pass to.  He slipped as he was hitting it.  He made the decision most would have made to make the pass.   The execution was a problem, whether it was a slip or not.   But people keep referring to it as if it he received the ball in a good position with time and options and made a terrible decision and/or made a poor pass under no pressure.  Plenty of players have made similar or worse mistakes under less difficult circumstances.   His happened to get punished and it somehow stands out to people as some exceptionally dire transgression.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I don’t really see how “I haven’t seen anything that impressive” can be classed as very harsh 😂

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I find it interesting that people have such strong opinions of Sanson. I genuinely have no idea how good he is. He's barely kicked a ball for us and I think it's far more likely he's not quite up to it rather than both Smith and Gerrard just didn't like French people or whatever. Would be odd if he was as good as what we currently have given his little playing time. 

He played for Smith whenever he was fit that first season he signed for us in January...  I think the plan was that he would start alongside McGinn & Luiz the following season, but Ramsey broke through and developed a lot faster than the club anticipated, which caused Sanson to have to not only battle reoccurring injuries, but also JJ for a start...  Smith was sacked and Mumblemouth froze him out.  He was clearly a solid player for Marseilles, but who knows how good or bad he'll be for us because he's never gotten a solid stretch of starts in a Villa shirt yet.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He played for Smith whenever he was fit that first season he signed for us in January...  I think the plan was that he would start alongside McGinn & Luiz the following season, but Ramsey broke through and developed a lot faster than the club anticipated, which caused Sanson to have to not only battle reoccurring injuries, but also JJ for a start...  Smith was sacked and Mumblemouth froze him out.  He was clearly a solid player for Marseilles, but who knows how good or bad he'll be for us because he's never gotten a solid stretch of starts in a Villa shirt yet.  

Not only has he not got started a huge amount of starts, he’s barely even used as a sub under Slippy.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Not only has he not got started a huge amount of starts, he’s barely even used as a sub under Slippy.

I remember hearing Jamie Carragher talking about how Gerrard the player would sometimes write off new signings after 10 minutes with them on the training pitch.  Doesn't surprise me that he would do this with players as well.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, messi11 said:

How did he not make the French squad for the World Cup!
He's the most hyped player in the Villaverse and Villatalk at the moment

Villaverse, love it.

Is it as poorly animated as the Metaverse? No, it simply couldn't be.

• Haha 1

Â