Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Really happy he isn’t getting pelters for the mistake, he was very good yesterday and these things happen. 

The feel-good factor of a good performance and a saved point with two nice goals against United probably helps. Be a different story if we'd lost unfortunately 😅

• Like 2

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

The feel-good factor of a good performance and a saved point with two nice goals against United probably helps. Be a different story if we'd lost unfortunately 😅

Yeah fair point. 

16 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I can forgive him kicking a water bottle into the crowd. However, I cannot forgive writing 1/2 in a tweet and then not replying to that tweet with the second tweet. Shocking.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Wes said:

Some good quotes from Gerrard on Sanson's reaction here.

Gerrard, asked Sanson about his reaction in the dressing room afterwards.
He said: "In terms of Morgan, I asked Morgan the question after the game: was the frustration at me or at you making an individual error?
"He assured me it was over the individual error. I'm OK with that. I'm OK with the mistakes in my team because the players are trying to do the right things.
"We've all made them throughout our careers so, I'll never point a finger at a player making a mistake trying to do the right thing.
"I would have had an issue if that was on the back of the decision and the reaction because you need to respect the person that's coming on the side and he assured me it was absolutely nothing to do with that so it wasn't an issue."

Would certainly be a bit rich of Gerrard if he was angry about a player tripping over and letting a player score given a certain moment in his career.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Pissed off with the mistake and then not having the chance to put it right as he came straight off. I like him, and I hope he keeps his place. McGinn hasn't been pulling up any trees so why not? Let's give him a run to show what he can do now that he's fit.

Yep he looks a lot better for the side than mcginn in my opinion. He just does the little things that mcginn either can't do or won't do. He doesn't foul players when pressing in the opponents half which mcginn does constantly even though we are about to win the ball. Because Luiz is directly in front of them and mcginn just makes an awful challenge for no reason. 

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Thing is what if he does a mistake in the next game. And in the game after that?

These post will just look silly. Is he gonna post  every time he makes a mistake?

For me no. Just don't post when things aren't going well for you and focus on improving in training.

Mistakes happens. There is no need to apologize.

No he was apologising for hitting the bottles which went into the crowd and hit someone. 

• Thanks 1

anyone else think that Mings could have just come out to the ball a bit quicker.

Not laying this solely on Mings as it was still a stupid pass, but Mings did seem to have a moment where he thought - 'I could get that, but what If the player still gets the ball or i somehow lose possession and get blamed for the goal, imagine the scenes on Villa Talk'

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

anyone else think that Mings could have just come out to the ball a bit quicker.

Not laying this solely on Mings as it was still a stupid pass, but Mings did seem to have a moment where he thought - 'I could get that, but what If the player still gets the ball or i somehow lose possession and get blamed for the goal, imagine the scenes on Villa Talk'

It was poor from Mings, but a very poor ball from Sanson.

The mistake aside, Sanson played well.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Spoony said:

He kicked the water bottle from the dugout into the crowd??? Fair play he must have really connected with it. 

Isn’t the dugout right next to the crowd? Don’t think it landed in the holte

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Thing is what if he does a mistake in the next game. And in the game after that?

These post will just look silly. Is he gonna post  every time he makes a mistake?

For me no. Just don't post when things aren't going well for you and focus on improving in training.

Mistakes happens. There is no need to apologize.

He’s apologising for his reaction - but mainly to clarify that he was angry with himself for the error - and not at being substituted.

I have absolutely no issue with his reaction - it’s good to know that he cares that much about letting the side down.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The worst thing about it was it was the right pass, it was the only pass he could make, he just seemed to be rushed, lose his balance and get the weight of it completely wrong which ming's then misjudged making it worse 

Its not like he dawdled and got caught or tried to do something clever and got it wrong or outright didn't see anything because he's not got the ability, it was just bad misjudged technique 

And that's why I think he was so pissed at himself 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Controversial opinion but I think he is better than McGinn

I don't think it's controversial at all tbh - a paper look at their careers being the starting point for that. 

McGinn is clearly a very popular and influential figure in the team, which is an issue as his ability as footballer is becoming a little light for the first team IMO.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Would certainly be a bit rich of Gerrard if he was angry about a player tripping over and letting a player score given a certain moment in his career.

tenor.gif

Never seen that.

What game is it from?

Sure it's Gerrard?

• Haha 1

Â