Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anwar must be ill.

There is no way you'd drop him over Traore

There is, if you know you are not going to be running at defences all night but will need to hold the ball longer.

If there was a side you could choose not to play after having a COVID outbreak i.e. one which will force to run around constantly and be switched on mentally at all times it's this City side.

Strong side from us though and lets hope we are close to 100% because although they've hit form we have the attributes to cause them issues.

The only other time this season we've had this starting 11 we were 3-0 down at half time and came back in garbage time to lose 4-3 to Southampton. Thankfully Traore has bedded in since then.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

The only other time this season we've had this starting 11 we were 3-0 down at half time and came back in garbage time to lose 4-3 to Southampton. Thankfully Traore has bedded in since then.

yeah, ironically our W/D/L stats are quite a bit better without Barkley than with......weirdly....

A strong line-up for us tonight and as good as we good could have hoped for after the last couple of weeks. Let's hope they are not too much of the pace and have the stamina to last 95 minutes.

There is an element of tonight being a "free hit" as anything we get is a bonus. Fingers crossed & UTV

So the first 11 are all playing, alright. Look at the bench though no Trez, Elmo and Guilbert on there.... This says to me Trez is still feeling the effects and Engels on the bench not Hause, same deduction.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I would probably have started Anwar and Barkley on the bench.

Barkley ain't matchfit and imo he need to earn his way back into the team.

I would try and get him fit as quick as possible, especially in a game that we are probably going to lose anyway!

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

not massively so, its enough of a sample size for it to stand out, ie: W3/L3 with barkley, and something like W5/D2/L2 without Barkley.

Not only that, but it coincides with our season unfolding more and our bad luck evening out. Performance-wise, I think we've been better with Barkley in the team to be honest. We looked unstoppable in some games. 

9 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’m working until 10 tonight so will have to have it on the radio. Anybody know what station it’ll be on?

Same for me to, it's on 5live (693 on radio)

• Thanks 1

Brave team but pretty much the starting line up I was hoping for. 

Glad to see Barkley back in the starting 11 but don't expect him to finish the game. 

We are going to have a go, defending well is paramount.