Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

If Ollie can't play, get young Louie in there again 

By the time this game is played, I'd hope he and most other first team players will be fit. After all, it'll be March at the earliest when this fixture gets played you'd have thought.

23 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Allan out, DCL likely out.

With no virus you'd say we had a chance here but who knows what state we'll be in.

At least it isn't a West Brom or Newcastle where we'd normally think we'd be taking three points.

No Doucore either

• Thanks 1

Why so much emphasis on the training ground being closed? Surely we could train at VP or a local leisure center / uni with the players that had had 2 negative tests? Obviously with additional control measures in place. Or is it more that we are we not allowed to shorten the quarantine period using testing?

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

BBC Saying this might also be cancelled now.  We're going to have a hell of a lot of games in hand!

Yes, maybe. And I agree with Villalad21 that a new alternative name for us could be Games In Hand FC.

GIHFC for short.

57 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Why so much emphasis on the training ground being closed? Surely we could train at VP or a local leisure center / uni with the players that had had 2 negative tests? Obviously with additional control measures in place. Or is it more that we are we not allowed to shorten the quarantine period using testing?

I would assume the training ground can be opened, but there would just be no one to fill it since they are in quarantine/self-isolation...

21 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yes, maybe. And I agree with Villalad21 that a new alternative name for us could be Games In Hand FC.

GIHFC for short.

WDFAFC because we GIHFC don't play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

I would assume the training ground can be opened, but there would just be no one to fill it since they are in quarantine/self-isolation...

No, Public Health England are keeping it closed. 

Agree we should be training at Villa Park or temporarily leasing somewhere else. 

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

By the time this game is played, I'd hope he and most other first team players will be fit. After all, it'll be March at the earliest when this fixture gets played you'd have thought.

By the time this game gets played Louie will have passed his A-levels and nailed the 6th form Prom Queen. 

I appreciate it's not that simple, but there are what, 20 games left? 

Let's say we played every 4 days consecutively.

That's 80 days, 2 and a half months.

We will easily finish everything by end of May, PL will have to move stuff around but it's logistically doable. 

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I appreciate it's not that simple, but there are what, 20 games left? 

Let's say we played every 4 days consecutively.

That's 80 days, 2 and a half months.

We will easily finish everything by end of May, PL will have to move stuff around but it's logistically doable. 

It is for us, but it's also the teams we play against - Spurs might still need to fit in 41 games.

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

The players have to self isolate so why on earth would they be training at Villa Park?

Their 10 day isolation requirement would have expired days ago? The closure of Bodymoor Heath seems to be the problem now.