Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It is for us, but it's also the teams we play against - Spurs might still need to fit in 41 games.

Absolutely, that's why I said it's not that simple. 

At the same time, spurs probably won't play 41 games, and I can only assume that math geniuses at the PL can move stuff around in a way that will enable everyone to finish their seasons.

There is no good reason why Spurs couldn't play on a Tuesday, Saturday, Monday, Thursday and Sunday - that's 5 games in 12 days. Not ideal, but I'm sure every team will have to make some sacrifices this season. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

I think we all expected this to be called off. The health of the players and staff comes first, so it’s the right decision. I’m a bit disappointed that we don’t get to see this team play for another week though, it’s been a nice escape to watch us on such good form. But let’s hope that they’re all safe and well with no long term health effects, and that they come back on the 23rd, rested and raring to go and destroy Newcastle 7-0. 

the issue tho, is if Man City goes ahead, we have 4 games between the 20th and 30th of Jan.........

4 games in 10 days is rough.

infact if you include the WHam game on the 2nd Feb, thats 5 games in 13 days.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Does this mean the City game is off too?  

No chance. Isolation periods will be over enough time ahead of that, and besides if they go far in all competitions then we'll be struggling to fit in our 2nd match against them which is scheduled for FA Cup semi finals weekend.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the issue tho, is if Man City goes ahead, we have 4 games between the 20th and 30th of Jan.........

4 games in 10 days is rough.

infact if you include the WHam game on the 2nd Feb, thats 5 games in 13 days.....

5 in 14 days, but the West Ham game will be moved to Wednesday at the earliest that week when the TV schedules are announced as they are playing Liverpool the Sunday before. We do have Arsenal the weekend after before our first week long break in a while though.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No chance. Isolation periods will be over enough time ahead of that, and besides if they go far in all competitions then we'll be struggling to fit in our 2nd match against them which is scheduled for FA Cup semi finals weekend.

Its possible, depending whether further tests prove negative. 

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Everton fans claiming we should be made to play all our games in hand back to back because we are a disgrace for having played many games less than others.

Man City v Villa - Called off at Man City request to give more pre season time

Villa v Newcastle - Called off at Newcastle request after a covid outbreak at NUFC training ground.

Villa v Spurs/Everton - called off after an outbreak at Villa training ground. 

Shame these idiots don't educate themselves before spouting utter b******.

You should know to ignore everyone from Liverpool.