Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

How did he do at Bristol Rovers this season?

Apparently not as good as the previous loan where he was good. Hasn't seen much game time this time around.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Might be sending him to Plymouth

Argyle have no manager at the moment so doubt they'd be signing anyone until that's sorted. 

Edited by Rds1983

I don't see how he wouldn't get game time in league one but will at a promotion chasing championship side. Plus he'll have the unpleasant Beale there.

I'd prefer he played a lot in Scotland if that's where he'll get games.

Beale clearly remembers him from his time at Villa and thinks he could have an impact. Would be great move for the kid to end up there if Beale can give him game time. Hopefully we can get some money for him in January to help add to the Azaz money as unlikely he’ll ever be good enough for the first team. 

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't see how he wouldn't get game time in league one but will at a promotion chasing championship side. Plus he'll have the unpleasant Beale there.

I'd prefer he played a lot in Scotland if that's where he'll get games.

Beale played Iroegbunam constantly at qpr it was when he left that Iroegbunam started struggling. Would not be shocked if he encouraged Sunderland to go for both. Obviously he's already seen what they are like in training and knows how good they are. 

• Like 1

Bogarde played in all but one of Bristol Rovers games this season until November when they changed manager, since which he hasn't played at all.

I think it's obvious that the new manager was told that Bogarde was being recalled by us in January, so decided not to consider him for selection, he's working with new players to him, and will want them getting used to what he wants, a little difficult to do that when you've got players in the team who will be leaving in a months time.

From what I've read from Bristol Rovers fans, he was outstanding last season, hasn't been as good this season, but they also haven't been as good as a team, and that there have been things going on in the background affecting the players.

He's a top prospect, I wouldn't rule him out of being good enough for our squad, but if not, he's probably another we will be able to sell for millions with a buyback option.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that the rumours about him moving haven't materialised in anything yet, plus we're letting Dendoncker go to Napoli. It'd be a risk but maybe Emery has seen something he likes. 

• 2 weeks later...

is he going on loan!?

tbh, i wish he was going to Real Union, they are allowed to loan 3 players from us, Feeney and O'Reilly leaves a spot! 😆

We did the same with KKH last season. I think we might feel there is space in first team training for him where he can learn and improve more from elite coaching than another Loan if the loan isn't the right one. He just turned 19 a few weeks ago and can get a good Loan in Championship for next season you would think.

• Like 1

I was surprised he didn't go out on loan, but then thought about it, and he's probably only an injury or suspension to one or two of the midfielders away from being needed for the first team squad, and the way things are going he might get in there as central defensive cover, especially if Chambers goes to Turkey

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Another option at right back with Konsa out? We need someone with the ability to pass a football to play there.

Think he is more of a defensive midfielder these days

Â