Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, useless said:

If he goes to Southamtpon and plays midfield, they won't be moving him there, that's where he usually plays it's where he played on loan at Bristol Rovers.

Ah fair enough! I thought he was mainly a CB for some reason.

Maybe that's it then, waiting for Lavia to go

I'm surprised that a Championship team hasn't already taken him on loan, I would have ruled it out previously but after Aaron Ramsey news, it might be that he's another being sold with buy-back clause.

I don't know if Southampton would buy him as direct Lavia replacement as as good as Bogarde is and as much potential as he has that would be asking a lot of him, and with the money they're getting they will probably feel they can get someone more proven, but with Southampton's recent transfer policy, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to buy him in addition to Lavia replacement.

Just now, useless said:

I'm surprised that a Championship team hasn't already taken him on loan, I would have ruled it out previously but after Aaron Ramsey news, it might be that he's another being sold with buy-back clause.

I don't know if Southampton would buy him as direct Lavia replacement as as good as Bogarde is and as much potential as he has that would be asking a lot of him, and with the money they're getting they will probably feel they can get someone more proven, but with Southampton's recent transfer policy, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to buy him in addition to Lavia replacement.

Yeah it would be a big ask for him to be the replacement. But Southampton may just need to money to bring people in..

They'll definitely bring in a couple. Losing JWP and Lavia means they'll need at least 2 anyway, and Bogarde probably would be a backup. Was more meaning they could need to get the money first

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Wishful thinking but it would be magnificent if he was ready to step up to first team football this season. I think he has the attributes to play right back but lack of experience is probably the big factor.

He couldn't have done any worse than Cash on Saturday.

On 10/08/2023 at 14:24, useless said:

If he goes to Southamtpon and plays midfield, they won't be moving him there, that's where he usually plays it's where he played on loan at Bristol Rovers.

? Really??

Was sure Bogarde was a centre-half.

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just been reading that Emery has called him up for first team training hopefully with a view to him getting a spot on the bench. There's been a lot of optimism around this kid, and who doesn't appreciate a classy Dutch centre- half?

Yeah he is getting very positive reviews. I hope he can make it. Cant remember the last cb that came through. Clark was it? Baker?

He's been training with the first team for at least two years now and has also been training with them since Emery came in, was surprised he didn't go on US tour, but I guess there were only so many spaces. Also as above he can play defence and looks comfortable there, but he's primarily a midfielder rather than a defender.

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah he is getting very positive reviews. I hope he can make it. Cant remember the last cb that came through. Clark was it? Baker?

Baker! Everytime I think  of him, that needless challenge on Suarez that gave away a penalty and rewarded them with an equaliser and then a winner comes back to haunt  me .It was fouls like that which amazed me that he ever came through at all.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Baker! Everytime I think  of him, that needless challenge on Suarez that gave away a penalty, and rewarded them with an equaliser and then a winner  comes  back  to  haunt  me .It was fouls like that which amazed me that he ever came through at all.

I liked Baker’s commitment but half his tackles were with his head, he was far too last-ditch for the premier league and unfortunately had to retire due to a head injury I think, perhaps unsurprisingly 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Pete O'Rourke is reporting that he's being recalled from his loan with Bristol Rovers as we have a Championship move lined up for him. If Bristol Rovers knew we were recalling him would explain why they suddenly stopped selecting him.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â