Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

On 17/04/2022 at 12:26, HanoiVillan said:

The expression 'back on grass' always makes players sound like horses.

or he had experimented with coke and did not get on with it so went back on grass 

A bit like have you seen that Steffi Graff on grass?

Yes, but have you seen her on meth

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

or he had experimented with coke and did not get on with it so went back on grass 

A bit like have you seen that Steffi Graff on grass?

Yes, but have you seen her on meth

Tbf that was her husband 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, WHY said:

Was he injured last season? He looked a talent but was off the radar for much of last season. Get him out on loan. 

Had a long term injury if I remember correctly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great player this lad (they all are SGC! You lot said it about Jack Grealish, remember?) Grealish went on to become the largest transfer fee we’ve ever produced in the history of the club. I am happy that we’ve secured Bogarde, he has an awful lot of ability, with him and Iroegbunam recently signing a new 5 year contract recently and I think Josh Feeney has also recently signed for us professionally (although I can’t find anything about it) we potentially have 3 great players for the future there to name but a few

Him feeney Smith and swinkels 

Surely we have to develop a first team CB from that 4, somethings gone wrong if we don't 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Surely we have to develop a first team CB from that 4, somethings gone wrong if we don't 

Centre back is so hard for younger players to break through though. Hopefully, we can get one, but they’ll all need loans first I reckon.

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Centre back is so hard for younger players to break through though. Hopefully, we can get one, but they’ll all need loans first I reckon.

Yeah physically speaking it can take some lads til they’re 21 til they get to their full height

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah physically speaking it can take some lads til they’re 21 til they get to their full height

It’s not even the physical aspect, it’s the trust issue of managers. Anywhere else on the pitch a youngster loses the ball or makes a mistake and it can often be covered by a teammate. A centre back makes a mistake and it can lead to a goal against you. 
Look at Cahill at us, he’d looked class on loan and making the odd appearance. But he wasn’t trusted to start often and so he left. One of the worst decisions ever, but managers don’t have that trust in young cbs. 
As for Bogarde, glad he’s signed, hopefully he’s past his injury issues and goes on to fill his potential with us. 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

It’s not even the physical aspect, it’s the trust issue of managers. Anywhere else on the pitch a youngster loses the ball or makes a mistake and it can often be covered by a teammate. A centre back makes a mistake and it can lead to a goal against you. 
Look at Cahill at us, he’d looked class on loan and making the odd appearance. But he wasn’t trusted to start often and so he left. One of the worst decisions ever, but managers don’t have that trust in young cbs. 
As for Bogarde, glad he’s signed, hopefully he’s past his injury issues and goes on to fill his potential with us. 

Yeah you’re right, it’s is a very unforgiving position so managers do tend to shy away from blooding youth there

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Swinkels is going to be a beast. He is going to be the size of Sven Botman in a couple of years.  Must be 6'4 already

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Also, we signed Thierry Katsukunya from Coventry City and Triston Rowe from WBA, both of them are 16 year old centre backs, they’ll be first year scholars next season. I don’t think we should put too much pressure on these players considering their age

• Like 1

Â