Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

draw against Ipswich a good result for Bristol Rovers after four straight defeats, puts an end to that bad run, and good for Bogarde prospects of getting more game time that it coincided with him coming into the team. Typing his name into twitter and looking on Bristol Rovers forum, seems to be getting positive feedback for his performance as well.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Loads of praise for his performance.

He always looks so measured and cool.

Watched about 20 mins of the match, he seemed disciplined in his pressing positioned him self well, didn’t see much of the ball you could if any during the period I was watching.

twitter

'Huge credit to Bogarde as well, he was my MOTM'

'Bogarde was excellent again'

'Really like Bogarde in mid,calm & sees things early'

'Balcome, Gordon, Anderson, Gibbons, Quansah, Connolly, Bogarde, Ward, Evans, Collins, Sinclair were all class today'

'Bogarde looks the part'

'Bogarde was excellent'

'I thought Bogarde stood out massively tonight'

He played central midfield

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting a lot of positive feedback again for his performance yesterday, not sure if it will count as an assist as keeper saved Sinclair's initial shot, but was Bogarde that created the chance in the first place winning a ball for which he was second favorite and diverting it into Sinclair's direction.

A few connections with old Villa players for him in that game, assisted Sinclair, or close enough, and was replaced by Glen Whelan in the 89th minute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Really impressed me for his cameo vs Walsall.

Had not considered him RB but given the modern interpretation where RB have more of a CB/CDM skillset it makes a lot of sense that his profile fits very well there.

Had a wonderful range of passing, which is the main thing we are looking to upgrade on at RB, linked up well with Kadan Young. Great technical ability also to dribble his way out of trouble a few times.

By all accounts his season at Bristol went very well and despite joining us with a big reputation has seemed to fly under the radar somewhat.

Personally really hope we see some more considerable minutes for him at RB throughout pre-season. Looks like KKH is not fancied at all anymore for us and feel the Konsa at RB as an option is over-egged by fans.

If Bogarde can be an option at RB would save us a lot of money!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he was only playing right-back as the that was the easiest way to get him on the pitch, was just a case of getting some minutes into his legs, Seb Revan and Kellyman were also playing out of position, so team was a little disjointed when we made all those subs.

Right back is one of the position where the academy is well stacked, Kesler, Barber, Triston Rowe, and Ashton McWilliams, and Frankie Ealing.

My guess is he will go to the Championship with the expectation that he will be used as a DM, he had offers to go to the Championship in January but because he'd just come back from a year out went to League One instead to guarantee as much game time as possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure he was only playing right-back as the that was the easiest way to get him on the pitch, was just a case of getting some minutes into his legs, Seb Revan and Kellyman were also playing out of position, so team was a little disjointed when we made all those subs.

Right back is one of the position where the academy is well stacked, Kesler, Barber, Triston Rowe, and Ashton McWilliams, and Frankie Ealing.

My guess is he will go to the Championship with the expectation that he will be used as a DM, he had offers to go to the Championship in January but because he'd just come back from a year out went to League One instead to guarantee as much game time as possible.

Thanks for the insight Useless. I did think it was strange seeing him at RB but made a lot of sense given his skillset.

I do think KKH getting sent on loan immediately, as well as seeing out 2nd half of the season with u21s under Unai was telling however. Barber and Tristan Rowe clear talents but given their age it seems there is a clear opportunity for Bogarde in the short-run if that RB role is anything more than shoehorning him for game time like you said.

• Like 1

Probably contradicts what I said in the Cash thread, but as backup RB it could work for Bogarde. 
Arguably 2 of the best cbs ever (Maldini and Ramos) started out at full back, so it could be a good way of him gaining experience 

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton losing Salisu and Lavia for CB and Midfield. Bogarde could be a great long term replacement for either if he develops as he would hope.

Probably more of a Salisu long term replacement but Southampton would be a great place for his development

• Like 1

Â