Match Thread: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Ok, good news, guys... we have a half-decent chance of not breaking the record for the heaviest defeat ever in the history of the FA Cup... that record still belongs to Hyde: 26-0. That was in 1887 against Preston. (And Preston fans are no doubt following our game tonight anxiously).

• Haha 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

think it's fun for the kids. I really don't mind too much as a supporter. Let Klopp get a clean shot at the trophy he ironically doesn't even want XD. him playing a near full strength team after all his bitching just puts him in the poor light really.

It's fun for the kids to get a start but not fun to lose by double figures. Lets hope for the best !

Just now, penguin said:

Exactly. I'd rather not have played it for this reason, the context will be lost in most discussion over time.

they'll have to increase their goals per minute in order to go near that. in any case, if anyone brings it up we'll all remind them it was U18 against their A-team

Just now, IrishVillain said:

I imagine these lads are gonna mistime a lot of tackles tonight. If any pool players get injured Klopp will only have himself to blame, and his gymnastics justifying it will be incredible. 

Spot on. Theses are young lads learning their trade - they are going to make mistakes, they are gonna go in without control, and, after Liverpool put a few past us, they are going to go flying in to tackles with plenty of frustration. If Klopp comes out afterwards giving out about villa tonight then he’s an idiot, injuries to Liverpool tonight are totally on him. 

Hope they feel good about this.

I know it's role reversal from last season but they had a choice. Although from what I hear, we didn't have to agree to play.

Just now, gurru991 said:

It's fun for the kids to get a start but not fun to lose by double figures. Lets hope for the best !

they get to play against some of the biggest names in football though, but you're right. I'm sure they're all aware that it's not exactly a fair match up and won't let it bother them too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Just the 80 more minutes to hold on to this 0-1 deficit. The Steve Bruce special is still on.

Albion managed it against the scousers and this is similar quality to their 11!

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

I tell you something, how that bellwhiff Klopp can moan about needing five subs and playing a near full strength side against our kids is ridiculous. 

It’s okay, Keown justified it as Klopp probably picked his team before the news about our infection broke.

Because you know, you can’t decide to change a team 72 hours before kick off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2