Formula One - 2021

BOF

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I only read about it a couple of hours ago. I don’t blame them. Standing there clapping and watching them give the awards you were robbed of to someone else? I think if the roles were reversed Max and Horner wouldn’t have attended either.

Yes and as per my post, I wonder what the reaction in here would have been if they had. If.

Has there ever been a bigger bunch of wah-wah in sport?

I know I'm blinded by a friend stating that Hamilton was a genuine word removed of a person, but "going to quit" and not turning up to end of season events?  **** hell pal, put the dummy back in.

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Look like the pair of them were made by Gerry Anderson Studios

I was gonna say it looks like Adrian Newey has worked on her jaw 

• Haha 3

On 16/12/2021 at 15:21, tonyh29 said:

I'd have withdrawn Mercedes 30 seconds after the appeal process failed on Sunday , but that's just me  , i don't know what the financial implications of it all would be to the team  ,

I'd like to have seen Verstappen acknowledge on the day that he lost that race and just processioned in behind Hamilton irrespective of the shenanigans being orchestrated off the track   ,but clearly he's a man without honour and a tainted champion  ...  but the record books will just say Verstappen was Champion this year , not that the rightful winner had it stolen from him 

If Villa got to the FA Cup Final against Man City and in the 92nd minute Ollie handles the ball into the net would you expect him to turn round to the Referee and say that's not a goal I handled it?

All sport is about winning and nothing else. Max did nothing wrong and was presented with a chance to win the race and championship and you expect him to turn it down. I don't think any other driver in the field put in that position would not take advantage.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Genie said:

That’s exactly what I imagined his gf would look like

E8-BCD881-FF55-4114-9-F5-D-BDB08-A978-CB

Fun mildly topical fact: It was her brother who crashed on purpose in Singapore 08 to cause a safety car (to help his teammate Alonso (who had fresh tyres) by bunching up the pack) in the infamous crashgate. Alonso went on to win the race.

Then when he was released by Renault he leaked the entire plan and got their team principal Briatore banned from F1.

I can't imagine the drama if Latifi comes out with similar claims but seeing as he is the son of a billionaire I can't see what his motivation would be... Unless he ends up in a red bull seat :lol:

Edit - It was 08

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mykeyb said:

If Villa got to the FA Cup Final against Man City and in the 92nd minute Ollie handles the ball into the net would you expect him to turn round to the Referee and say that's not a goal I handled it?

All sport is about winning and nothing else. Max did nothing wrong and was presented with a chance to win the race and championship and you expect him to turn it down. I don't think any other driver in the field put in that position would not take advantage.

Your right but what a hollow victory it's turned out to be, the shit storm over it all has put a shadow over the whole 'sport'.

Beggars belief that someone in charge of it all never seen this coming , seems to be a common theme....

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2