Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

People are welcome to disagree, but I've watched the melee several times, and in my opinion, Mings is charging in looking for the ball. He only reacts because Zaha is flailing limbs at him, extending him arm to disarm the situation. Any contact was accidental. Zaha made a meal of it to wind Mings up and it worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just found my phone. Thoughts on that half:

Villa typical self sabotage job. We were great on the counter early doors, well in control, then we let them back into the game.

Furious with Tyrone. What an idiot. Will probably cost us the game.

Why take off Traore when he’s terrified their defence and El ghazi has done nowt. Baffling to me. 

Expect a battering second half. 

• Like 1

It's so disappointing we're down to 10 men because we were strolling through the game, and it was so completely needless. Mings is a great player but I can't imagine Konsa doing what he did against Zaha there, let alone when he'd just been given a yellow.

The good news is that we seem like a really good team these days so even if we don't end up with any points this game I feel like we'll win plenty this season. I'd be absolutely fuming at this situation last year.

If Jack wasn't so Hollywood, it would be at least 2-0.

It's frustrating to see how many times Ollie is being fouled and nothing given. He's played well otherwise.

Emi is looking very solid. Palace are banking on set pieces.

We look very dangerous on the break.

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

First booking was never a yellow.

Having said that surely the wise sub was el ghazi to come off stick jack on the left and have no player in the 10 role

Take off your least effective player. AEG all day long.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

They've got a few players on a yellow, they will get a red. Mings was definitely fouled for his second yellow. 

However yet again easy chances are not being put away. We should be 5/6 up.

Dunno about 5/6 but 3 yea