Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dont understand how they signed Pedersen? FFP and Transfer embargos are all EFL sanctions? Players have to be processed and registered through EFL. Why did they allow the transfer if they were the governing body who issued the embargo in first place?

And why have the efl allowed them to play him if what they did broke the rules?

That's why i think they will get off

This is purely conjecture from me but I wonder if the way FFP works is that you have the rules and formula which will put you into technical breach if you fail them. 

At that point the Championship officials will come to you for a meeting and review like they did with us and with them. 

At that meeting they will look at your books, listen to your business plan and agree a way forwards.  If they feel your plan is sound then there are no sanctions. 

If you keep your nose clean and stick to the plan agreed with them, no sanctions. 

However if you agree a plan and way forward but then flout it and go against what you agreed at that time they will then impose the sanctions. 

They don't actually stop you flouting them but impose the sanctions they warned you were in danger of if you didn't stick to the agreed plan. 

So in our case they saw that the new owners were very wealthy and have been provided with a plan by them whereby they were OK with us continuing to spend. 

However they saw Blues didn't have a pot to piss in so they were supposed to have this embargo which blues have gone against so now get punished. 

I am 100% certain we would have had an embargo also if we hadn't had the takeover. 

That's the way I see it from the outside anyway. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Players have to be processed and registered through EFL. Why did they allow the transfer if they were the governing body who issued the embargo in first place?

This is also the thing that has confused me. Surely once the EFL impose a transfer embargo they won't register any new players to your club? Or even if you do "sign" them the EFL won't let you play them. Looks to me like the EFL did not enforce the rules and now are being put under pressure by other clubs to actually enforce their own rules. 

http://almajir.net/2018/09/12/bsh-further-losses-expected/

BSH: Further Losses Expected

Birmingham Sports Holdings yesterday made an announcement to the stock exchange warning that there would be a substantial increase in the loss suffered by the company for the year ending June 30, 2018. The poor results are blamed on the increase in spending on player registrations and staff costs.

The announcement can be viewed here.

In all honesty, this profit warning was to be expected.

BSH lost around £17million according to the unaudited accounts for the first six months of the financial year and thus there should no surprise that these end of year accounts will be worse than last year, when BSH lost HK$182million (around £17.8million at current exchange rates).

The question of course is just how bad these accounts will be.

At the moment I can only work on rumours but the word from contacts in Hong Kong is that there would be little surprise if the accounts show a loss of HK$300million (£29.3million) or more.

Shares in BSH closed on Tuesday afternoon at a shade under HK$0.10 each, 33% lower than they were trading six months ago and nearly 50% lower than they were 12 months ago.

While the accounts for the parent company and the football club are not exactly the same, a vast proportion of the revenue BSH currently makes is made by the club and it’s possible that the club accounts will be similarly bad.

Accounts for the club are due to be filed with Companies House by 31 December, 2018.

These figures should go some way to explaining why BCFC are being hit so hard for their “Profit and Sustainability” results for last year and why it is so vital that they save money this year.

Although Blues have cut their wage bill due to the return of the five loanees from last year along with various other players being loaned out this season, the level of losses point to a club that is at the moment not being run in any kind of sustainable fashion.

That leaves both BCFC and BSH at the mercy of the investors such as Graticity Real Estate Development (GRED), Dragon Villa and Chigwell Holdings to keep loaning money to the company.

While this money has still been forthcoming, it’s business as usual at BSH – but with no true idea of just how much money these investors (or their backers) can afford to put in there will always be the fear for me that the supply will dry up with the attendant woes that will bring.

BSH are due to announce their final results for the financial year to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange no later than September 30, 2018. They will also confirm in the next few days to the HKSE the board meeting required to sign off the audited results.

One of their investors is called Dragon Villa?!?!? Super lolz. 

In fact, superlolz at the whole lot of it. 

Shares going for HK$0.10 - pretty sure we could have a whip round on here to assume full control at that rate! 

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Haha 2

To make matters worse for blose Bolton are not entering adminstration either. If they go in they are down and monk will walk surely.

What I don't get is why they don't sell jota. He is on big wages there surely selling their better players woukd help them with their financial problems?

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To make matters worse for blose Bolton are not entering adminstration either. If they go in they are down and monk will walk surely.

What I don't get is why they don't sell jota. He is on big wages there surely selling their better players woukd help them with their financial problems?

They tried along with Stockdale, they did not want to leave small heath due to the wages Arry put them on a bit like what happed with Zigic, and of course we've had a few like that 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Jota scored 5 goals and got 2 assists all last season. There were so many wingers with those stats on 1/4 less of the salary. It's no wonder no club was willing to take Jota. 

I think he is but plays in a  very woeful team. 

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Jota scored 5 goals and got 2 assists all last season. There were so many wingers with those stats on 1/4 less of the salary. It's no wonder no club was willing to take Jota. 

Didn't he sit on the bench for most of the season?

6 hours ago, choffer said:

Most Brentford fans believe they have the strongest squad they've ever had just now.

Pretty sure Jota was playing amazing the final few months he was there. Was scoring or assisting pretty much every game so I'd wager 99% of their fans would have him back. Style of football SHA play has never really suited him and he's not played much at number 10 for them either.

Hogan's standing has taken huge knock here so that one is more debatable.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure Jota was playing amazing the final few months he was there. Was scoring or assisting pretty much every game so I'd wager 99% of their fans would have him back. Style of football SHA play has never really suited him and he's not played much at number 10 for them either.

Hogan's standing has taken huge knock here so that one is more debatable.

Jota was a fraction of the player he was when he came back from Eibar. Brentford fans were astounded that nobody had noticed. He was a bit of a cult hero at GP but the majority of them knew they’d pulled SHA’s trousers down on the deal. 

Brentford fans have had 7or 8 years to get their heads around Benham’s approach to transfers. Every player has a transfer value and if a club matches it, the player is gone. That price though, is greater than the value that Brentford believe is true, hence why they don’t turn down offers that meet their sale valuation.  

Â