Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I want them to exist because of the rivalry/banter. But I dont want them in the premiership. So the division they are in is perfect.

What rivalry and banter? Its pure hate most of the time.

You want banter and rivalry, we have the Baggies for that, the original derby!

If they got promoted would you want them to finish in the CL spots, or even win the league? At what point do you stop wanting them to do well?

I just want them to get promoted and stay in the division.

I'd rather Birmingham City be in the Premier League than some Cockney club.

You do realise that if that were happen that would probably result in less local kids growing up supporting Villa don't you?

SHA doing bad is good for Villa in the long term.

Any local kid who supports Blues has my respect.

The local kids who support Manure, Liverpool & Arsenal are the problem.

If they got promoted would you want them to finish in the CL spots, or even win the league? At what point do you stop wanting them to do well?

I just want them to get promoted and stay in the division.

I'd rather Birmingham City be in the Premier League than some Cockney club.

You do realise that if that were happen that would probably result in less local kids growing up supporting Villa don't you?

SHA doing bad is good for Villa in the long term.

Any local kid who supports Blues has my respect.

The local kids who support Manure, Liverpool & Arsenal are the problem.

There are also going to be kids (anywhere, not just Birmingham) who will bandwagon those clubs but do you not realise that a stronger Birmingham means more competition for young fans for Villa? I'm not from Birmimgham and even I recognise this.

Put it this way, let's say as a Premier League club 1,000 kids in Birmimgham start supporting SHA every year (I'm just pulling these numbers out of my head). However, in the Championship they only get 500 new kids supporting them. The other 500 kids have to go somewhere, and considering we're talking about the city of Birmimgham here a large chunk of that 500 will start supporting the Villa. The worse SHA are doing = the more local kids grow up supporting Villa. The numbers don't matter here, it's the principal.

As I said, SHA doing badly is good for Villa as far as support is concerned.

I was speaking to one of my best pals earlier. I've known him for about 18 years and he's been a season ticket holder down there with his dad since before I even knew him. He said he's got till the weekend to decide if they are renewing and he thinks they might not. He knows how much shit they are in and he also knows that it is going to get much worse. He is genuinely worried and rightly so! It was a very enjoyable conversation to have from a Villa point of view!

strange pannu decides to release statement regarding the finances on day they appoint clark...

is it to sweep it under the carpet a sthere is a new manager in place? also the length of contract has not been disclosed!

the most puzzling thing is why ssn are showing it? who cares about a no hope skidmark club like them?

Watching Lee Clarks press conference on SSN. The first thing he said is "huge club with a great history". They have won 2 trophies in their whole history, how is that great.

think he said he left a huge club with a great history :P

I want them to exist because of the rivalry/banter. But I dont want them in the premiership. So the division they are in is perfect.

What rivalry and banter? Its pure hate most of the time.

I cant really accept that as being true. I live just to the east of Brum, but I've worked in Birmingham for the past ten years (7 in Tyseley, 3 in the city centre) and that time has coincided perfectly with the Blues run as a yo-yo club. It is great banter 90% of the time, though during the week of the games the atmosphere definitely changes. On game day it is pretty bad, but even that has calmed down. The first couple of derbies were **** horrible, the entire mood of the city changed but that really is the exception to the rule in my experience.

Still want the **** to stay down though. They had far too much fun at our expense last year and its time for a bit of payback.

Watching Lee Clarks press conference on SSN. The first thing he said is "huge club with a great history". They have won 2 trophies in their whole history, how is that great.

think he said he left a huge club with a great history :P

Nah, he said what I said he said.

some views from clark on other fans who have met him on another board I visit

Clark always seemed a bit retarded when talking about Charlton in the press after our games anyway

Clark is definitely really thick but I reckon he'll have a half decent managerial career.

:sherlock:

i get the impression hes really quite stupid.

He does nothing on the training field. Terry Mac does it all. He just stands about trying to perfect his Roy Keane stare

Met him years back when he played for Newcastle and many overriding memory is of a man who was borderline retarded. I was astonished when he first went into management

so who knows?

some views from clark on other fans who have met him on another board I visit

Clark always seemed a bit retarded when talking about Charlton in the press after our games anyway

Clark is definitely really thick but I reckon he'll have a half decent managerial career.

:sherlock:

i get the impression hes really quite stupid.

He does nothing on the training field. Terry Mac does it all. He just stands about trying to perfect his Roy Keane stare

Met him years back when he played for Newcastle and many overriding memory is of a man who was borderline retarded. I was astonished when he first went into management

so who knows?

Seems like a good match

Â