Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6m? based on what? because roy called him in england squad?

bit stupid

Blues think that they can get 10 but that dont really work when every interested club knows that the chairman is desperate for funds would sell anyone for £50 and a pack of woodbine :lol:

It was probably rejected because of the amount of money offered up front. Saints are newly promoted so wont want to hand over a large slice of their cash straight away.

(That's if you believe figures circulated by twattum)

Saints are throwing a lot of money around for (currently) average players, when you think they'd be looking for a couple of good, experienced heads to keep them in the division

Saints are throwing a lot of money around for (currently) average players, when you think they'd be looking for a couple of good, experienced heads to keep them in the division

maybe Nigel Adkins is a version of MON

That method didn't exactly work wonders at QPR last season to be fair, while Swansea and Norwich achieved mid-table with squads that were largely young and lacked top flight experience.

That method didn't exactly work wonders at QPR last season to be fair, while Swansea and Norwich achieved mid-table with squads that were largely young and lacked top flight experience.

True. But a lot of those players came up with the team, and it was team spirit and the manager's ability to make them play as a team that pulled them through.

I'm not sure spunking £14million on 2 championship players will be the same thing.

BUt I quite like SOuthampton so fair play if it works. Much rather have them in the league than Wigan or Stoke etc

Or Spurs, obviously

If Small Heath are turning down 6 million pound bids then maybe their finances are not as bad as we think. It just seems strange that they'd sell Mutch for 2.5 million but reject 6 million for Butland who has never even played for them. This tells me that either A) they are not as **** as we think, B) Southampton offered to pay it in installments and Small Heath want cash up front, or C) They are relying on Southampton's offer sparking a bidding war to get a million or two more. It's a weird one!

If Small Heath are turning down 6 million pound bids then maybe their finances are not as bad as we think. It just seems strange that they'd sell Mutch for 2.5 million but reject 6 million for Butland who has never even played for them. This tells me that either A) they are not as f*cked as we think, B) Southampton offered to pay it in installments and Small Heath want cash up front, or C) They are relying on Southampton's offer sparking a bidding war to get a million or two more. It's a weird one!

or (D) There was no bid from Southampton, the Blues release some guff about rejecting a bid (which never existed) and they look to the outside world and more importantly to their fans that they they are not in the financial sh1te as had been previously suggested.

If they got promoted would you want them to finish in the CL spots, or even win the league? At what point do you stop wanting them to do well?

I just want them to get promoted and stay in the division.

I'd rather Birmingham City be in the Premier League than some Cockney club.

You do realise that if that were happen that would probably result in less local kids growing up supporting Villa don't you?

SHA doing bad is good for Villa in the long term.

Any local kid who supports Blues has my respect.

The local kids who support Manure, Liverpool & Arsenal are the problem.

There are also going to be kids (anywhere, not just Birmingham) who will bandwagon those clubs but do you not realise that a stronger Birmingham means more competition for young fans for Villa? I'm not from Birmimgham and even I recognise this.

Put it this way, let's say as a Premier League club 1,000 kids in Birmimgham start supporting SHA every year (I'm just pulling these numbers out of my head). However, in the Championship they only get 500 new kids supporting them. The other 500 kids have to go somewhere, and considering we're talking about the city of Birmimgham here a large chunk of that 500 will start supporting the Villa. The worse SHA are doing = the more local kids grow up supporting Villa. The numbers don't matter here, it's the principal.

As I said, SHA doing badly is good for Villa as far as support is concerned.

Yes but that doesn't bother me.

We need a collective effort from Villa and Blues to take back our fans.

For that to happen we need Blues in the Prem.

It could be a Second City derby on Sky where a Brummie Red thinks to himself "What am I doing supporting Liverpool when I am not even Scouse"

If they got promoted would you want them to finish in the CL spots, or even win the league? At what point do you stop wanting them to do well?

You do realise that if that were happen that would probably result in less local kids growing up supporting Villa don't you?

There are also going to be kids (anywhere, not just Birmingham) who will bandwagon those clubs but do you not realise that a stronger Birmingham means more competition for young fans for Villa? I'm not from Birmimgham and even I recognise this.

Put it this way, let's say as a Premier League club 1,000 kids in Birmimgham start supporting SHA every year (I'm just pulling these numbers out of my head). However, in the Championship they only get 500 new kids supporting them. The other 500 kids have to go somewhere, and considering we're talking about the city of Birmimgham here a large chunk of that 500 will start supporting the Villa. The worse SHA are doing = the more local kids grow up supporting Villa. The numbers don't matter here, it's the principal.

It could be a Second City derby on Sky where a Brummie Red thinks to himself "What am I doing supporting Liverpool when I am not even Scouse"

I don't give a shit how many fans "Blues" have, I want to see Villa get as many fans as possible and if SHA are successful that can not happen. Surely you want what's best for Villa and Villa only?

I don't give a shit how many fans "Blues" have, I want to see Villa get as many fans as possible and if SHA are successful that can not happen. Surely you want what's best for Villa and Villa only?

In Liverpool you only find Liverpool and Everton fans.

In Manchester you only find United and City fans.

For us to achieve the same in Birmingham (so there are only Villa and Blues fans) we need to have two top-flight clubs just like Liverpool and Manchester have.

If that means we poach less fans from Blues then so be it.

In Liverpool you only find Liverpool and Everton fans.

In Manchester you only United and City fans.

For us to achieve the same in Birmingham (so there are only Villa and Blues fans) we need to have two top-flight clubs just like Liverpool and Manchester have.

If that means we poach less fans from Blues then so be it.

You're a Villa fan. Why do you care about how many fans SHA have?

I can't believe you'd rather see us poach less fans from them just becuase for some bizarre reason you want to see SHA successful.

Â