Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

If it happened before the season it would be brilliant for that blue nose in Australia who bollocked his wife for buying him a trip to hong kong so she bought him a trip to the uk from August to may so he could go home and away with them, brilliant

This x infinity

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

So the headlines from the accounts appear to be;

* In the PL season they went down they made a loss of £10m

* The auditors are clearly stating they doubt they have been provided all the required information

* Staff costs were £45m so 75% of their revenue

* They owe £13.7m to Carson Yeung (as of 30th June 2011)

* They owe £7.8m to BIHL (as of 30th June 2011)

So all in all not a healthy picture at all especially as these results aren't for last season but the season before when they were enjoying PL revenue. Their revenue will have dropped significantly and while their wages will also have dropped its unlikely they've dropped as much as the revenue which mean the debts to Carson Yeung and BIHL are in reality probably far higher than the £21.5m detailed in these accounts.

So they are likely to be at least £20m in debt which in my opinion makes any takeover highly unlikely unless this debt is written off which is in itself highly unlikely.

They are in a world of trouble they really are, they need to get up this season but I just don't see that happening. If they fail to get up this season then they will have to really start cutting costs before the parachute payments end.

Huge season coming up on and off the pitch for Small Heath it would seem, it will be interesting viewing. :D

I feel sorry for them (their fans) which is something of an unusual emotion for me, when directed at them. At the end of the day, they're just the same us us, really. And they have had to put up with comedy/useless/crooked owners, dire football and then when they get a decent manager he was handicapped by the results of the aforementioned comedy ownership and despite doing brilliantly under the circs, he's ended up going off to Norwich, where there's only a vacancy because a previous dullard ended up doing so badly at Villa that we had to go and get Norwich's manager.

It is kind of funny, but also sad.

That's just petty tribalism.

Which is a very large part of being a football fan.

When you've spent years in the company of their fans it isn't surprising that sympathy is in short supply for their plight.

It is sad state of affairs that clubs seem to be going under so regularly.

Going under? So which clubs have gone 'under' in the last few years? Football clubs get into debt, they go into administration, they may even go bust but they never go out of business. There is always someone else ready to step in and pick up the pieces.

The same will happen at Birmingham, they aren't going to go under or go out of existence and I wouldn't want that to happen to them or any club. I'm not though going to feel bad for enjoying them having a bumpy ride or a bad few years.

That is football.

Hope they go out of business because their fans are **** scum, feel sorry for the players not the unwashed untermensch who inhabit the Sty

I know a couple of noses are alright, but due to some of the words removed I work with going on about McLeish all season I have to say I think this news is funnier than ever.

A few of my family support them and I'd feel bad for them. But they're in a minority in terms of noses that I get on with, most I know are total pricks (even outside of football related matters) so the worse the news for small heath the better.

Pretty much ever blue nose I know is sound. My brother and dad are also noses.

In fact, I don't actually think I've met the proper scummy blue noses (though I'm sure they exist, just not in Worcester).

Accounts available here

The auditor's report on pages 7-8 makes for some interesting reading. :twisted:

Something that wasn't reported yesterday is the auditor's view that:

"Our conclusion from our evaluation is that we do not have sufficient appropriate audit evidence to conclude whether the directors' use of the going concern assumption is appropriate in the circumstances"

Basically means they are not satisfied that the business has the ability to continue trading for the next 12 months.

Right now I think an embargo is the very least of their worries. I doubt these accounts will be accepted anyway.

I was thinking that the accounts would report a big loss and a statement about their ability to operate as a going concern (ie solvent) but the disclaimer and these comments about redacted doccuments are far worse. I leave you all to speculate what possible information the director in question was looking to hide but it must be serious if they weren't willing to show them in full.

In 20 years I've never seen a disclaimer of opinion on a set of accounts before, that's accountancy speak for "these accounts are entirely without merit"!

Â