Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

When asked if there were other parties interested he said not to his knowledge. When pushed why nobidy else he said "I don't know Simon, I think nobody else is mad enough too." Also said he did as 'Bloose is in my heart'

At least he can still have a drink in town to console himself

mate

• Haha 4

DOUBTS 

‘No one else is mad enough to buy Birmingham City’ says Paul Richardson, who admits he was ‘gutted’ to pull out of negotiations but would ‘welcome’ a new deal

EXCLUSIVE

Connor Andrews

6th December 2022, 5:18 pm

Updated: 6th December 2022, 10:44 pm

Potential Birmingham City owner Paul Richardson has said ‘no one else is mad enough’ to buy the club, but has kept his door open.

Richardson previously appeared confident about purchasing his boyhood club along with former Barcelona striker-turned businessman, Maxi Lopez.

SKY SPORTS

Richardson and Lopez previously sounded confident about the deal

However, after months of negotiations, Richardson confirmed last week that they would be pulling out of the deal.

Richardson and Lopez’s company, Maxco Capital, had previously been offered exclusivity to get the takeover done, and the fashion businessman told talkSPORT why it didn’t come to fruition.

Asked if they were the only potential owners, Richardson said: “I think so, I don’t think there’s anyone else mad enough. 

“Fair play if there is but I think we’ve gone further than anyone else, the deal was on the table, it was there to be done. We haven’t tried to adjust the current deal, it was only if it was subject to certain things happening.”

Richardson was then asked by former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan if they had inherited the framework of former prospective owner Laurence Bassini.

He said: “We did, it wouldn’t have been the deal I would have walked into myself as a businessman, but we were given no choice, if you want it this is what it is and that’s what we walked into.

“One of the biggest issues for us which we didn’t know about was the investigation into the current owners and that is still ongoing, so that’s always been something that’s a bit of an issue for us because the outcome of that is unknown at this point in time.

“We don’t know what the answer is, it’s in the hands of the EFL.”

Richardson says he’s a lifelong Birmingham fan, and despite last week’s announcement that they would be walking away, he couldn’t say no to the Blues on new terms.

“We’d welcome the idea, we put in a reasonable deal, we thought,” he began

“The club’s in my heart and I’m completely gutted that we couldn’t do it when we got so far. 

“I’m not a guy to give up, if the right opportunity comes up we’d still be around, we just couldn’t go any further with the current agreement we’d got, it couldn’t meander on, you either have to agree something or not and we didn’t, we couldn’t agree with what we had in front of us at that time. 

“I love the club and the fans and people that work there, they’re as loyal as anyone I’ve ever known and I felt that, so if we can do something anyway or with anyone we’ll do what we can, we’ve put our heart and soul into this the last few months and it’s tiring.

He added about the club’s current situation: “The ground and a percentage is owned by two entities on one side and they’re not UK-based, and then on the other side 70-odd per cent is owned by the Hong Kong stock exchange and it takes two years to get it off that.

“I know our intentions were good and honest and we got further than anyone else, and if we can do it, we’ll do it.”

click

sounds like they are absolutely screwed and whoever tries to buy them its so complex why bother? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

click

sounds like they are absolutely screwed and whoever tries to buy them its so complex why bother? 

It's brilliant 😁

Much more interesting than reading about the love-in for an ex-player that's for sure. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Has anyone ventured onto SHA recently 

I did earlier. The usual desperate attempts at getting deflected glory via an ex player tearing it up at the world cup.....erm....the ownership mess and hoping their forum messiah Almajir can offer insights as to what's guuuin' on at Stans.....erm...the kerryman pub is up for sale (tempting to buy it and turn it in to a Villa themed boozer, offering vilers a safe haven to drink in town mate.....erm....more about "our Jude".....how great Eustace is ( no mention of him being a dvb)....and well, that was all my eyes could take.

I'm tempted to sign up just to ask around  about Erdo Pete's welfare. Mate. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 3

I don’t care if the deal goes through or not because anyone interested in buying this shit tip obviously has a screw loose. 

1 minute ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

We'd almost certainly do exactly the same if we were to win a league cup anytime soon tbh. That photo of Jack and Dean at the play off final would probably still be on the North Stand if he hadn't been sold 

but we have won the league cup. many times.

plus a flag is different from painting it on a stand. it's much more permanent. i'd hope that even if jack was still here that the flag would've gone by now

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

but we have won the league cup. many times.

plus a flag is different from painting it on a stand. it's much more permanent. i'd hope that even if jack was still here that the flag would've gone by now

I'm in my 30s and have been going Villa Park since I was 6, I don't remember us winning the league cup in 96. I might be wrong, but I reckon we'd still be making a massive deal of it if we'd beat citeh at Wembley in 2020 and if we had I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mural of Jack lifting the cup on Trinity Rd

38 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'm in my 30s and have been going Villa Park since I was 6, I don't remember us winning the league cup in 96. I might be wrong, but I reckon we'd still be making a massive deal of it if we'd beat citeh at Wembley in 2020 and if we had I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mural of Jack lifting the cup on Trinity Rd

i'd hope we wouldn't have. such things should be reserved for key moments in the clubs history. winning a competition that you've won on 5 prior occasions shouldn't be one IMO

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd hope we wouldn't have. such things should be reserved for key moments in the clubs history. winning a competition that you've won on 5 prior occasions shouldn't be one IMO

5 prior occasions but no trophy in 26 years. There's fans in their mid 30s who have no memories of us winning anything but the play offs (peace cup doesn't count) and instead have memories of relegation and being rubbish for ages. Winning the League Cup would be a key moment for those fans and potentially for the club in general if it was the catalyst for us going into a successful period. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

5 prior occasions but no trophy in 26 years. There's fans in their mid 30s who have no memories of us winning anything but the play offs (peace cup doesn't count) and instead have memories of relegation and being rubbish for ages. Winning the League Cup would be a key moment for those fans and potentially for the club in general if it was the catalyst for us going into a successful period. 

i'm not saying it wouldn't be massive. just not mural-worthy IMO

I don't think there's anything strange about them having a murial or whatever it is for their League Cup win, it probably makes more sense than them having something similar of Jude Bellingham after he left, but what seems slightly strange about it to me is the fact that it's Stephen Carr of all people, surely they had a more iconic player from that team than him.

Also if we'd have won the League Cup in the last few years of course we would talk about it a lot and rightly so, would be a good achievement and the end to a long of not winning any majir trophies, but I don't think there's any chance we would paint a murial of the occassion, that's false in the same it was false when people were saying if Grealish stays with us he will get a statue, no he wouldn't have got a statue unless he did something amazing like win the title or European cup with us, and even then I would doubt it.

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Let’s face it, aside from possibly the domestic cups, we aren’t going to be winning anything for quite some time. 

Edited by bobzy

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think there's anything strange about them having a murial or whatever it is for their League Cup win, it probably makes more sense than them having something similar of Jude Bellingham after he left, but what seems slightly strange about it to me is the fact that it's Stephen Carr of all people, surely they had a more iconic player from that team than him.

Also if we'd have won the League Cup in the last few years of course we would talk about it a lot and rightly so, would be a good achievement and the end to a long of not winning any majir trophies, but I don't think there's any chance we would paint a murial of the occassion, that's false in the same it was false when people were saying if Grealish stays with us he will get a statue, no he wouldn't have got a statue unless he did something amazing like win the title or European cup with us, and even then I would doubt it.

Carr was the captain when they won it so its probably the main photo from the celebration

Â