Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

They have a few fixtures against sides around them in the table coming up. Bristol, PNE, Swansea, Cardiff, along with games against Norwich and Baggies both of whom I would put as favourites going in (new manager bounce at Norwich, perhaps).

I think unfortunately they will be fine, probably finishing about 19th as usual. But if they don’t pick up much in these (sort of) six pointers, it might get a bit tense for them.

54 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

They have a few fixtures against sides around them in the table coming up. Bristol, PNE, Swansea, Cardiff, along with games against Norwich and Baggies both of whom I would put as favourites going in (new manager bounce at Norwich, perhaps).

I think unfortunately they will be fine, probably finishing about 19th as usual. But if they don’t pick up much in these (sort of) six pointers, it might get a bit tense for them.

I think this year they go lucky their loans generally have been good but they will all be going back and doubtful they will wanna go back to the sty. 

Trusty for example is too good for them id say there is no chance he goes back same with hannibal.

One year the loans wont work out and they wilm be utterly ****

I went to the Sty today.  I usually watch them a few times every season as I like to go to a match every week.  If Villa aren't at home I tend to go to either a Non League game or Blues, Albion or Walsall.

John Eustace has done very well with a pretty useless group of players.  Every week they are dominated by whoever they are playing. They can't seem to ever string three passes together so have little possession in any game.  They generally have one attacking threat and that is that they like to take long throws of launch Free kicks or corners towards several six footers who try to win headers.

The great myth is that they have a a hostile atmosphere every week at home, being salt of the earth proper Brummies.  The reality is that there is no atmosphere unless they are playing Villa.  We think it is a difficult ground to play at but when they play the likes of Hull (I went to that game too) it is like a library with no support.                                    Villa Park is so much louder with a far more partisan crowd every single week.  I had a choice of West Brom or Birmingham today.  I made the right decision.

• Like 2

They're closer to the relegation zone now than they were after the same amount of games last season, only six points clear of the bottom three, which is nothing by Championship standards where there's more games and all the teams can beat each other. They over achieved at start of the season, but lost momentum now since Richardson deal was called off, possibility of losing players this month could derail them as well, also got the investigation into their ownership going on in the background.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Noel said:

I went to the sty today

I wouldn't trust myself not to say something back or laugh at their sotv songs. 

Grim place, grim fans.

Luckily you can usually sit on your own.  I have developed a skill of celebrating goals without showing it.

I tend to go on my own to the Sty.  To be honest my mate, who I go to Villa with, won't go there.  

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There always seems to be the likes of Rotherham, Blackpool, Wigan etc who sit around the bottom 3 all season. Blues will stay up just because of these sides.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

Luckily you can usually sit on your own.

Not a problem at The Sty.

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

I have developed a skill of celebrating goals without showing it.

I was wondering if you had to learn how to fake celebrate a goal, then I realised that wouldn’t be necessary either.

15 minutes ago, turvontour said:

There always seems to be the likes of Rotherham, Blackpool, Wigan etc who sit around the bottom 3 all season. Blues will stay up just because of these sides.

There is, I just wonder if this year it might be a bit closer because there doesn’t appear to be one club acting as the whipping boys. 

This year, 24th place currently has 24 points. Last season Barnsley were on 14 points at the same stage. Season before that, Wycombe were on 16 points.

Basically at the moment there are still 3 relegation places available, whereas in previous years at least one has been pretty much determined early on. Plus no Derby and the like with points deductions (I think).

Like I say, I think they’ll be safe and there will be 3 worse teams. But at the moment the 3 worst teams this season appear to be a bit better collectively than the past couple of seasons.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There is, I just wonder if this year it might be a bit closer because there doesn’t appear to be one club acting as the whipping boys. 

This year, 24th place currently has 24 points. Last season Barnsley were on 14 points at the same stage. Season before that, Wycombe were on 16 points.

Basically at the moment there are still 3 relegation places available, whereas in previous years at least one has been pretty much determined early on. Plus no Derby and the like with points deductions (I think).

Like I say, I think they’ll be safe and there will be 3 worse teams. But at the moment the 3 worst teams this season appear to be a bit better collectively than the past couple of seasons.

No points deductions either which has relegated Derby and Sheff Weds in last two years.

I can see it being a season where you need 53-54 points to be certain of staying up so SHA still have plenty of work to do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Noel said:

It surely isn't that difficult to understand.  I go to a game every Saturday.  If Villa are at home I go there.  Otherwise I pick a game and go there.  

Mainly Non League games and this year I have been to about 10 different clubs.  

I’m confused. Are you a villa fan or someone who just goes to random games? 

1 hour ago, Giro said:

I’m confused. Are you a villa fan or someone who just goes to random games? 

Thats what im wondering. I get going to games but as a villa fan id rather set my arse on fire than go watch a game at the sty with a bunch of unwashed thugs singinv anti villa songs.

If your not a villa fan then fair enough going there. But i wouldnt be caught dwad going to the sty

Â