Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

I doubt we have any chance of signing him anyway, but only negative I could see with it is the possible argument that it could block the pathway into the first team for players like the Ramsey brothers and Chukwuemeka. Not sure we'll be signing any more central midfielders this summer, unless someone leaves, if Barkley doesn't sign on a permanent I guess we could potentially sign a replacement for him.

Edited by useless

I don't subscribe to the telegraph or any newspaper websites, but I've seen the article, main takeaway for their fans is probably that it says that Karanka could face the sack if they lose to Luton.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

John Percy has an article up about what a shambles they are, but it's behind a paywall... 😔

someone has now posted the article on here, but for future reference it's free just to create an account and you get 1 free article a day i believe

2 hours ago, useless said:

He's more than good enough for us, this is a player that Dortmund paid big money for, and put him straight into their first team squad and have given him plenty of game time in the league and the champions league, he's highly rated not just because of his potential but also because of how good he is in the here and now, his stats might have not looked great last season in the championship, but watching him play it was obvious what a good player he is, and no surprise that the big clubs came in for him, not just to sign in case he comes good, but to put straight into their team. But from what I can gather he's only rumored to be available because Dortmund have money troubles, nothing to do with him not being good enough, he'll likely end up at another champions league club.

I mean if you're short on cash you probably shouldn't be spunking over 30 million on unproven teenagers

Just accidentally clicked on page one of this thread.

So funny.

Relegation, board room squabbles, fans wrecking the ground.

Nothing really changes at Sty Blandrews :)

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

There is probably an element of homesickness for him. He's just a kid and he's moved countries in the middle of a pandemic. Everything is shut down and everyone is miserable. It would be tough going, even for a footballer. 

I suppose we should cut him some slack, but I've watched a few Dortmund games this season and bar the odd moment, he just looks little ordinary to me. Then again, BVB are bit ordinary too ATM and that's paying them a compliment.

3 minutes ago, turnbull said:

I suppose we should cut him some slack, but I've watched a few Dortmund games this season and bar the odd moment, he just looks little ordinary to me. Then again, BVB are bit ordinary too ATM and that's paying them a compliment.

They are shockingly bad, the older players have let the youngsters down. 

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Almost exactly 10 years after the finest moment in their history - the League Cup final win over Arsenal at Wembley - Birmingham are a club in tatters.

I thought this was a bit of a jibe at first, so I checked - it actually is the finest moment in their entire history. Their only major honours are two League Cup wins. I was genuinely surprised to learn this.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

It used to be Aston Villa who circled the plughole, before they were eventually relegated in 2016: now it is their Second City rivals who are scrapping to avoid a similar fate.

Relegation from the Championship is not a "similar fate" to relegation from the PL. One of those things is considerably worse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Just accidentally clicked on page one of this thread.

So funny.

Relegation, board room squabbles, fans wrecking the ground.

Nothing really changes at Sty Blandrews :)

Ground wrecks itself these days without the fans. That is progress for you.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I thought this was a bit of a jibe at first, so I checked - it actually is the finest moment in their entire history. Their only major honours are two League Cup wins. I was genuinely surprised to learn this.

Relegation from the Championship is not a "similar fate" to relegation from the PL. One of those things is considerably worse.

it's similar but not the same. their predicament is a lot worse than ours was.

4 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Yeah an ever present and one of the biggest clubs in the country going down is no comparison to some piss can of a club going back to their natural bottom feeding position 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently their CEO has just been on BBC Radio WM and said that the stands that they've had to close down won't even be ready for the start of next season.

If true it either means the structural problems are difficult to fix or they dont have any money to fix them. 

Hopefully its s combination of both

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â