Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

12 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"Jude Bellingham" buy him,  just for the giggles.

Just to give him the Number 17 shirt.

He's up for sale apparently. Genuinely probably worth a punt. Would be hilarious however it turned out especially if we got him for less than they sold. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's up for sale apparently. Genuinely probably worth a punt. Would be hilarious however it turned out especially if we got him for less than they sold. 

I mean we would need an industrial VAT of bleach and several weeks of quarantine, but yes, I would not object to us signing him.

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

I mean we would need an industrial VAT of bleach and several weeks of quarantine, but yes, I would not object to us signing him.

Actually I rescind my statement, apparently there is a sell-on clause. I don't want us giving them a single penny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

There is a certain satisfaction that the guy who saved the existence of their club, to such an extent that they retired his shirt, that we could sign him for some loose change as a "maybe" kind of player. 

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Actually I rescind my statement, apparently there is a sell-on clause. I don't want us giving them a single penny. 

No, that's genius.  Sell on clauses are usually about profit. If we buy him for less than they paid they will probably get nothing. 

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is a certain satisfaction that the guy who saved the existence of their club, to such an extent that they retired his shirt, that we could sign him for some loose change as a "maybe" kind of player. 

Slash trainee groundsman.

7 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

They'd probably release a DVD if they beat us.

By then entertainment will be downloaded via a USB port inside your bumhole. DVD's will be ironic coasters at the local Soylent Green bistros ran by hipster holograms.

I think he’s still too much of an unknown for us to risk blowing big money on. I’d leave it another 12 months and then see how he’s getting on.

He didn’t exactly tear it up in the Championship. FOR A 16 YEAR OLD, yes, he’s very good but it really doesn’t matter how old you are once the game kicks off.  Unless he’s showing he can keep progressing then I’d leave it.

Rooney, Milner and Owen came into the Premier League at a similar age and looked good enough quite quickly. No point having a player earning big bucks who is great for his age, but not good enough for what we’d want. He wouldn’t come for a u21 fringe player salary now. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just like Barcelona and Louie Barry we have used these smaller clubs to do out bidding 😜

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There is probably an element of homesickness for him. He's just a kid and he's moved countries in the middle of a pandemic. Everything is shut down and everyone is miserable. It would be tough going, even for a 

Edited by Follyfoot

He's played plenty of minutes for Dortmund. One of the best run clubs in Europe. He's 17 years old and by all accounts when he has featured he has been excellent. He's 17.

What is happening here? This is the kind of talk Blues fans mock us for. We have half a good season and we think we can sign Isco.

• Like 1

He's more than good enough for us, this is a player that Dortmund paid big money for, and put him straight into their first team squad and have given him plenty of game time in the league and the champions league, he's highly rated not just because of his potential but also because of how good he is in the here and now, his stats might have not looked great last season in the championship, but watching him play it was obvious what a good player he is, and no surprise that the big clubs came in for him, not just to sign in case he comes good, but to put straight into their team. But from what I can gather he's only rumored to be available because Dortmund have money troubles, nothing to do with him not being good enough, he'll likely end up at another champions league club.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He's more than good enough for us, this is a player that Dortmund paid big money for, and put him straight into their first team squad and have given him plenty of game time in the league and the champions league, he's highly rated not just because of his potential but also because of how good he is in the here and now, his stats might have not looked great last season in the championship, but watching him play it was obvious what a good player he is, and no surprise that the big clubs came in for him, not just to sign in case he comes good, but to put straight into their team. But from what I can gather he's only rumored to be available because Dortmund have money troubles, nothing to do with him not being good enough, he'll likely end up at another champions league club.

That's a fancy way of putting it.

• Like 2

Â