Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I wish they'd sold Jordan James when rumoured in January as he's a huge talent in the making. Perfect for a Brighton or Brentford to pick up and develop especially as he'll be a fixture in the Welsh midfield for the next decade.

So guess he'll be the big sell this summer. They do actually have a decent spine of young players either there permanently or on loan so was brilliant to see Rooney make such a mess. Dramah was a big part of Luton's promotion and Ethan Laird is a decent full back. Jay Stansfield also scored 9 which is decent for his first season in the championship, Fulham should give him a chance next season.

He could come to the shires...imagine a proper coaching staff getting hold of him rather than a gooning simpleton like Craig Gardner. Would proppa rattle them, mate.

• Haha 1

This summer will be the start of a new three year FFP assessement period for them, so they will have a lot more scope to spend because of that, also they have some big earners such as Hogan, Gardner, Roberts, and Etheridge out of contract in June, Sunjic, Jukietwicz, and Ruddy also out of contract then too, are probably on biggish money as well, so that will also help, they also announced a big ground sponosrship deal, with other deals to be announced, all this on top of what their rich owners can put in

54 minutes ago, useless said:

This summer will be the start of a new three year FFP assessement period for them, so they will have a lot more scope to spend because of that, also they have some big earners such as Hogan, Gardner, Roberts, and Etheridge out of contract in June, Sunjic, Jukietwicz, and Ruddy also out of contract then too, are probably on biggish money as well, so that will also help, they also announced a big ground sponosrship deal, with other deals to be announced, all this on top of what their rich owners can put in

You sound ultra-rattled.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Is FFP not a rolling 3 year calculation in the champ like it is in the PL? I thought it was just that they'd have a big loss year rolling off their calcs? Same effect I guess, but if they use it all, they're back to having 2 more years where they can't spend much. 

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, useless said:

Still just polishing a turd. Then rolling it in glitter!

I don't know the exact details of what they can and can't spend, but the excitment levels amongst their fans has reached extreme heights, not so much for this season, but for next season. Maybe setting themselves up for a disappointment I don't know, but money usually makes a difference at that level, as we, Newcastle and Wolves showed, and Brentford when they raked in the dough from selling Konsa and Watkins

I don't think they will be relegated this season, but they've actually got some difficult looking games coming up, so I don't think it's completey out of the question, just unlikely

Promotion hunt could be interesting next season as the teams relegated from Prem might not be as competitive as usual, although if Everton fall through the trapdoor, would expect them to come straight back up

12 hours ago, useless said:

Is that how FFP works? I assume it's a rolling 3 year period, i.e. Financial performance in the previous three years. I think that's why Everton are being punished twice. I can't imagine it's done based on standalone three year blocks. 

10 hours ago, useless said:

I don't think they will be relegated this season, but they've actually got some difficult looking games coming up, so I don't think it's completey out of the question, just unlikely

Isn't that the same for like the last 10 years?

Only temporary but probably at least to the end of the season or near as damn it. 

However doesn't sound good, bad health news is often underplayed but hopefully it's nothing too serious for him. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Mowbray stepping down for health reasons. Wish him all the best. 

Rivalry aside I hope he's well soon. Football management does seem to be punishing on mind and body like few other occupations.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sad news. Seems  a geniune guy.

Yes as much as he's managing "them" I find it very difficult to put anything negative about him compared to Rooney or some of the other jokers they've had in recent times.

Seems he wants to return before end of season. Probably the 3 wins he's already recorded have kept SHA up.

Â