Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rooney looks like a mess of a man.

Since stopping playing he’s talked about troubles “in his 20’s” with gambling and drinking himself unconscious regularly to escape the pressure of being a famous footballer.

I suspect his troubles are not in the past and he’ll admit to them somewhere down the line. I wonder if Colleen’s relationship is similar to Paris Fury’s with Tyson, if she leaves him he’ll end up killing himself.

An to make things even worst, Patrick bamford scores a goal against them today. 😂

• Like 1

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

They've clearly copied us in getting s big name scouser who's a shite manager. They've actually out Gerrarded us. No mean feat!

Let's hope they don't have the success story after though and end up with someone like Lee Johnson, he's always had a chip on his shoulder about us they should get on great

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Shows how shit AI is when it can't even get the correct number of fingers right.  That geezer clearly has 4 fingers and one thumb on his right hand. 

Exceptional work! 👏

It’s the whole ‘he was a good player, he’ll be a good manager’ bullshit.

’we need a big name’ bullshit.

The sooner people realise this crap, and start to reward people for success, the sooner football benefits.

I think it’s horrible that these ‘big names’ jump ahead of the people working their bollocks off for success  in the lower leagues.  

• Like 4

Wonder how Tom Brady is feeling about his investment. Has been very quiet recently, his nutritional supplements seem to be working wonders!

Mate.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thug said:

It’s the whole ‘he was a good player, he’ll be a good manager’ bullshit.

’we need a big name’ bullshit.

The sooner people realise this crap, and start to reward people for success, the sooner football benefits.

I think it’s horrible that these ‘big names’ jump ahead of the people working their bollocks off for success  in the lower leagues.  

It's second only to the ex player nonsense. "He knows the club"

Wasn't that long ago that people on here were calling for Mellberg or Laursen to be manager.

It's a load of bollocks, just like the big name stuff. 

• Like 3

When people say 'we need a big name' when talking about managers, they aren't talking about famous former players, they're talking about managers that have become 'big names' because of their reputation as a manager, I don't think I've seen any Villa fan ever call for us to appoint someone as manager just because of a famous name alone, that just doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

When people say 'we need a big name' when talking about managers, they aren't talking about famous former players, they're talking about managers that have become 'big names' because of their reputation as a manager, I don't think I've seen any Villa fan ever call for us to appoint someone as manager just because of a famous name alone, that just doesn't happen.

I agree, but it seems to be something that owners do. This is the second time that SHA have sacked a manager who was doing well because they allegedly wanted a bigger name.

I think some club owners think it will raise their profile

Rooney probably got the job because of his name, but also he was getting widespread praise, including on here, because of the job he was doing at Derby

I was one who questioned it here not to say he was doing a bad job, but to say it wasn't as amazing as some thought because they had a lot of top youngsters,

Â