Match Thread: West Brom v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

We had a keeper (Bosnich?) sent off a few years ago for handling outside the area.  Not sure if rules have changed since then. 

Yeah, you do see it form time to time, but I think it’s only when a clear goal scoring opportunity is stopped. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We had a keeper (Bosnich?) sent off a few years ago for handling outside the area.  Not sure if rules have changed since then. 

That was Michael Oakes against Blackburn. Cost us the game and started the plummet in form from top of the table.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Its his 4th start. I was amazed so many refused to be patient with him.

Yep. Wouldn't mind but it's not like he hasn't shown flashes of quality either, it's just that it was understandably fluctuating a lot given the circumstances. 

Douglas Luiz went from being completely written off last season to now being so good for many that we won't be able to keep City away. How many examples do we need before players start to be given time.😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I know he played a part in that season, in the division below that finished a year and a half ago.

Yeah and he converted the penalty that got us 3 points against Wolves, and has scored the goal tonight that has us leading....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Handled outside his area. Bizarrely didn't get any card 

*Red would have been extremely harsh though, not sure why anybody would be asking that. Should have been a yellow.

He caught in the box and his momentum carried him outside it. He dropped the ball straight a way. And it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity either. As one of our defenders was with him.