Match Thread: West Brom v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Watkins looks shot of confidence.

I'd bring on Keinan. He can do his thing. Holding up the ball and bulldoze his way past players

Keinan has proved himself to be beneath the required standard. We should only use him in an emergency.

• Like 4

Four things for me.

1) Traore has been solid. You can see what he does well, and what he doesn't do well. He'll be a useful squad player. Targett as well. 

2) We need to keep calm now. Not get mixed into this thug footy albion want to play. Atkinson will be itching to give us a red card here. Don't get involved. We are the better football team. Play football.

3) Grealish is so much better on the left. I've said it before, but for any player that thrives on dictacting tempo and driving forward, it's lovely to have a safe zone when moving inwards. Right now he looks lost. 

4) Mings looks like he's carrying an injury. He's weirdly static and whenever he tries to pass or anything, it almost looks robotic. The type of movement you do when you expect pain.

• Like 1

I’m happy with that so far. Livermore looked set on trying to end Grealish’s career, deserved the red. We’ve been in control, but we need a second goal because they will get another chance at some point. 

Watkins is looking isolated again, I hope we see McGinn push forward more in the second half. We dangerous on the wings but not playing much through the middle. 

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

BBC crying their eyes out that Hause’s wasn’t a red. His foot was probably half the distance from the floor as Livermore’s, completely different challenges and correct calls for me.

I think Livermore's was worse, but Hause's could have easily been a red. His studs go in to the Albion's player ankle ffs.

We’re in complete control, but Jack’s been at around 80 per cent. If he ups his game just a nudge, it could be a laugher. We’re so much better than them. 
Can’t afford to stop playing and think we’ve won, though, and Hause is just one wrong step away from being sent off. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

BBC crying their eyes out that Hause’s wasn’t a red. His foot was probably half the distance from the floor as Livermore’s, completely different challenges and correct calls for me.

Hause's is more dangerous IMO - just not intentionally dangerous.  We probably got away with one.

• Like 3

Mystified by some of the comments here

Thought we’ve played really well across the team. Need to be a little more clinical nearer the goal but certain that will come

Traore and Cash excellent first half

Another quick goal will finish them off

• Like 3