Ratings & Reactions: West Brom v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/12/20 at 23:59

50 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Last league games at Blues (0-1 win) West Brom (0-3 win) Wolves (0-1 win) Leicester (0-1 win) Derby (0-3 win) Forest (1-3 win). Coventry thankful they haven't played us for 20 years in the league at home

I was thinking about this earlier. It’s nice to be getting back towards Villa being the top dogs again. 

9 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

That's generous. Everywhere I've seen has them as low as 0.02.

Was that based on the chances of the wind blowing one of our goal kicks in to our own net? Oh wait, we didn't even have a goal kick :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think the difference was intent and Hause (who I thought was excellent) wasn’t looking to cause injury where as Livermore was. It wasn’t even his first attempt on jack it had 3-4 goes to try and nail him. You can imagine big Sam telling him to launch into him first chance you get to let him know your there. Good stuff Jake at least you got a shower while the water was still hot.

Hause was clumsy and late, maybe an orange card.

Livermore was deliberate, spiteful as he’d just been fouled. And he has form for late challenges on Jack.

We are an absolute joy to watch at times. Happy days!

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Was that based on the chances of the wind blowing one of our goal kicks in to our own net? Oh wait, we didn't even have a goal kick :crylaugh:

I think it's because when Mings and Hause were passing the ball between each other at the back, one must've kicked it slightly in the general direction of our goal at some point.

Either that or the algorithms that work out xG don't understand the concept of 0.

7 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Life must be miserable as an Albion fan, watching that for next 6 months. Pathetic football/mindset from them.

Most Baggies fans I accidentally end up speaking too seem forever happy to be bouncing up and down the divisions. I don't think they are a particularly ambitious bunch. Perhaps they are just realistic considering they are sandwiched between Wolves and Villa for support, they are always going to end up 3rd in that league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Most Baggies fans I accidentally end up speaking too seem forever happy to be bouncing up and down the divisions. I don't think they are a particularly ambitious bunch. Perhaps they are just realistic considering they are sandwiched between Wolves and Villa for support, they are always going to end up 3rd in that league.

Yep, all my baggies friends and family don't want to be in the PL and haven't for years. They prefer to be in the Championship actually competing, but not quite enough to go up the PL. If they do, they switch off for a season and ignore it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Does anyone think Cash, Konsa or Targett could sneak into the England setup before the end of the season, especially if some of the more established get injured? 

Really think the three mentioned above along with Mings wouldn’t look out of place at all.  As a back line, we’re performing very well indeed.

Great feeling to wake up this morning knowing that we’re in the top half of the league at Christmas.  It’s been a while.  

Not Cash I don’t think - there are just so many right backs in that squad... the others maybe have a chance with some injuries but I think this season for them all is just establishing themselves in the PL, then kick on after that. 

My two Albion mates reckon that the Fat Sam appointment was a very bad move. Far from having lost the dressing room, Bilic was massively popular with the players, and rumours are that they are very unhappy that he was sacked. Certainly didn't look they were trying to impress the new boss last night. 

• Like 2

Despite the total domination of the play/Game, parking the bus is very difficult to break down...we was very professional in our approach.

We have to remember, they only just went to the Etihad and got a score draw....no mean feat.

I thought every player made a significant contribution to that game, couldn't find fault with any of them.....possibly the best,I have seen the full backs play.

In terms of progression, a very creditable performance against a team, intent to just stop us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Yep, all my baggies friends and family don't want to be in the PL and haven't for years. They prefer to be in the Championship actually competing, but not quite enough to go up the PL. If they do, they switch off for a season and ignore it.

Its a very expensive club to join.....and without our fabulous owners, we would be doing much the same.

I can't speak highly enough of them.

Its a really tough place to establish yourself, how we found out, last season....thats why strengthening, when you are in the ascendency is the right time to do it.

In terms of the Albion, Its best to be humble in triumph, despite them hating us....Let us be grateful for such great owners who are intent on progressing us and let them deal with what they have got, much like the noisy neighbours.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

is that a first?

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

is that a euphemism for "thowing the towel in"

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I was thinking about this earlier. It’s nice to be getting back towards Villa being the top dogs again. 

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!

Â