Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

BleedClaretAndBlue

Just now, villanmac said:

Watkins is in many ways limited footballer. Really shows at times. He makes up for it with his attitude and centre forward play but with the ball at his feet he does look lower league at times. 

It amazes be he was a winger.  Must have been awful. 

It’s bad enough playing a team that are shit and thuggish. What makes it worse is when the shit arse referee is actively encouraging the bad tackles with his refusal to show yellow cards. Tarkowski and Mee (again) should both be on yellows, neither are. It’s a **** disgraceful refereeing performance 

• Like 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

The only problem I have with that half is Ollie Watkins seems too reluctant to shoot, at times.

agreed, I want to see him just go for it. as much as I love him looking for passes and plays, sometimes it's ok for the striker to be a little selfish.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Think I’ve just watched the dullest 45 mins of football ever .. Burnley really  are anti football , ,they will most likely nick a 1-0 with a high ball that comes down with snow on it 

We've had 16 shots apparently. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

So unlucky not to be in the lead at half time. 

Can Nakamba do anything which is not just fouling a player unnecessarily? 

Harsh - Nakamba has had one of his better games, and not just that, he's looked good to me. (cursed him now)

• Like 1