Weekends Football 27/29 November

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

This is like Liverpool from last season all over again.

Know most of you are desperate for them to fail but there comes a point where you just have to swallow your pride and accept Leeds are a good side.

I think most people can see that they're a pretty decent side and that they'll be fine if not even more than fine this season. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want them to fail though ;)

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he is the first competition winner to play in the PL. **** me he makes Gary Gardner look exhilarating 

Phil Neville said he knew he would be a top player because he wears black boots. Good enough scouting for me

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Know most of you are desperate for them to fail but there comes a point where you just have to swallow your pride and accept Leeds are a good side.

It's actually quite a lot like Sheffield United last season, promoted team doing well thanks in part to operating in a way that other teams struggle to deal with tactically.

Leeds are a very decent side - they'll finish somewhere between 9th and 16th - much like ourselves.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Phil Neville said he knew he would be a top player because he wears black boots. Good enough scouting for me

Course, the problem is that sometimes, you scout an exciting young prospect from abroad, invest significant sums, and it turns out they're wearing orange boots covered in gaffa tape. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's actually quite a lot like Sheffield United last season, promoted team doing well thanks in part to operating in a way that other teams struggle to deal with tactically.

Leeds are a very decent side - they'll finish somewhere between 9th and 16th - much like ourselves.

Yep that's the same for me too

Good team, playing some good football, getting some good results

Its only when you throw in the media and Leeds fans that it starts to become questionable

No doubt they can add tonight's result to the list of things no one else other than leeds are doing... Apart from Sheffield utd who win 2-0 there last season and wolves who won 3-1 there the year before... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not me they are the best team we have played this season. The only team that has outplayed us imo. 

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, will west brom or sheff utd get their first win of the season tonight?

or.......a draw, which i imagine neither team wants.

I have an inkling for West Brom so Sheffield United will probably win. 

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

SU were one of the least creative teams even last season.

Leeds are dominating games. Creating the 2nd most chances/shots, dominating possession etc.

Much more sustainable model than SU imo.

As long as Bielsa stays there we'll have one hell of a team to deal with if we have aspirations establishing ourselves inside the top 6 the coming seasons.

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not me they are the best team we have played this season. The only team that has outplayed us imo. 

Yes they were excellent on the day.

But we also played straight into their hands.

You ain'y gonna beat Bielsa at his own game

Â