Weekends Football 27/29 November

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Its good to see a draw in this game, even though it won't affect us in the slightest come the end of the season. 

We don't have a chance of finishing above Southampton?

I mean I enjoy watching them play but they've done a brilliant impression of us in the second half being 2 up v Man. United.

Can't see them getting 60 points and I think we have a chance of breaking 50 points for first time in over a decade so think it will be tight between the two.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

lucky bastards

If they ever get round to playing their spare game they would be two points off Liverpool as the table stands.

Never seen such a tight top half of premier league, hardly any draws so far this season which is reflected in the inflated points totals.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If they ever get round to playing their spare game they would be two points off Liverpool as the table stands.

Never seen such a tight top half of premier league, hardly any draws so far this season which is reflected in the inflated points totals.

And if we win our games in hand we go top

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

lucky bastards

Not sure, United keep playing to the end and I actually thought Southampton were lucky to be two goals up as well. I don't think Southampton are anything special and we can definetely finish above them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We don't have a chance of finishing above Southampton?

I don't see us finishing within 10 points of them tbh. Losing at home to Brighton, Leeds and Saints really isn't how you get top half. I think we will finish around 13th with Saints around 8th.

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I don't see us finishing within 10 points of them tbh. Losing at home to Brighton, Leeds and Saints really isn't how you get top half. I think we will finish around 13th with Saints around 8th.

Strange but true....in 2018/19 Wolves finished 7th and lost home and away to Huddersfield which took some doing given they finished on 16 points.

What points total do you think we're capable of? Currently we're still on course to get 60 + although that will probably dip further over next few weeks given we have lost 3/4.

I think minimum 50 points should be a target e.g. 25 points by New year, 40 points by start of April etc and if we get to 50 points with still a game or left I'm pretty confident we'd have a big chance of finishing above likes of Southampton.

Points totals of pretty much everyone is inflated currently given how bad the bottom 4 have been but you'd assumed as season goes on they'll start taking some points off top half teams.

In that 2018 season Everton finished 8th on 54 points so still think that point range will have you in mix for top 8. If you can take points off top 6/7 as we've been doing you've got good chance of finishing somewhere in top 10.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Strange but true....in 2018/19 Wolves finished 7th and lost home and away to Huddersfield which took some doing given they finished on 16 points.

What points total do you think we're capable of? Currently we're still on course to get 60 + although that will probably dip further over next few weeks given we have lost 3/4.

I think minimum 50 points should be a target e.g. 25 points by New year, 40 points by start of April etc and if we get to 50 points with still a game or left I'm pretty confident we'd have a big chance of finishing above likes of Southampton.

Points totals of pretty much everyone is inflated currently given how bad the bottom 4 have been but you'd assumed as season goes on they'll start taking some points off top half teams.

In that 2018 season Everton finished 8th on 54 points so still think that point range will have you in mix for top 8. If you can take points off top 6/7 as we've been doing you've got good chance of finishing somewhere in top 10.

I think we will finish on between 48 and 53 points. 

• Like 1

Â