Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

1 minute ago, useless said:

Would rather us bring in Hourihane than move Grealish to a position where he's never affective. Losing Barkley is bad enough without then further disrupting the side by moving our best player from his best positon.

I'd argue the inside left channel where Barkley has been playing is exactly where Grealish is most effective. I certainly prefer him in those positions than right in the corner. He's also brilliant at bringing the ball from deep and I've seen nothing from Barkley to suggest he's better defensively.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Problem for me is Grealish going to get the double/triple treatment. You stop him you stop Villa, similar side to what we ended up with last season.

Need Trez and Luiz to have a blinder to take the load of Grealish

15 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Hasn't Hourihane got a really good win ratio when he plays? I'm sure every time he plays we win.

Last season he was among our best in terms of points earned when he played. Only Heaton, Konsa, guilbert averaged more points when when they played. Just over 1 for each of them. 

27 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Problem for me is Grealish going to get the double/triple treatment. You stop him you stop Villa, similar side to what we ended up with last season.

I mean. Watkins is a gazzilion times better than anyone we had last season. McGinn back to fitness, Trez looking genuine threat. It's fine for me.

Hourihane, Targett and Grealish are good at linking up on that left side. Would like see it here.

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

I mean. Watkins is a gazzilion times better than anyone we had last season. McGinn back to fitness, Trez looking genuine threat. It's fine for me.

Hourihane, Targett and Grealish are good at linking up on that left side. Would like see it here.

Watkins is better but the problem with Wes was we didn't get the ball to him. Watkins needs to have one of his Arsenal, Liverpool games and not the others where he's struggled to get into it.

As for Trez looking a threat I assume that's a joke. He's playing out of his skin, he tracks back fantastic and works harder than anyone but he's still not a threat in the final end of the pitch, he's got no pace and can't shoot.