Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Really need some points before a really heavy post Christmas schedule kicks in with some very tough games. 

A loss and two wins from Brighton, West Ham and Newcastle were my aspirations. Means we need to win the next two to continue our strong start to the season.

Our record vs them isn’t too bad, a lot of draws in recent years. 

hopefully we can turn up on the day and get the result 

• Like 1

Martinez

Cash  Mings  Komsa  Targett

McGinn    Luiz

Trez   Hourihane  Grealish

Watkins

Conor looked well off the pace on Saturday. Who else could we slot into that position?

• Like 1

If Barkley is going to be out for a few weeks can we recall Jacob Ramsey? He's scored a few at Doncaster hasn't he? He looked useful.

Otherwise, Trez left, Grealish central and Traore right if we go same shape. It'll be a tough game this one they have a lot of talent luckily for us they have been organised by Moyes.

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

If Barkley is going to be out for a few weeks can we recall Jacob Ramsey? He's scored a few at Doncaster hasn't he? He looked useful.

Otherwise, Trez left, Grealish central and Traore right if we go same shape. It'll be a tough game this one they have a lot of talent luckily for us they have been organised by Moyes.

This with Barkley out. Plus Ramsey isn't out on loan?

Edited by zab6359

17 hours ago, maqroll said:

Martinez

Cash  Mings  Komsa  Targett

McGinn    Luiz

Trez   Hourihane  Grealish

Watkins

Conor looked well off the pace on Saturday. Who else could we slot into that position?

Agreed. Just play the team that started the first 2 games (games which we won btw)

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Very much in the first team squad this season.

He played really well when I saw him both in a preseason game and the cup game. He can't be far away from being ready for the bench at least. 

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He played really well when I saw him both in a preseason game and the cup game. He can't be far away from being ready for the bench at least. 

He did look OK but not great opposition, I don't know I think he's down the pecking order and not quite ready yet. Plenty of time for him to develop but I'd rather he was playing minutes somehwere instead of not even making the match day squad.

Edited by zab6359

If he's not going to get a chance here right now then he should go out on loan at as high a level as poss. With Ross injured though who've we got in midfield head of him? Hourihane yes, but that's it, I can't see Lansbury getting a game before him.

• Like 1

Suffice to say, this is a huge game. They are direct competitors and only a point behind us. Aaaand they try to wear claret and blue like it's their own thing. Imposters and thieves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'd say we have to be very careful to not give free kicks away in our defensive third, and avoid giving them corners. West Ham have good delivery and usually have 5 guys on the pitch over 6 foot. That's the main danger.

After that if Antonio starts Mings and Konsa are in for a fight. 

If we can deal with those threats we will get a draw at least.

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Suffice to say, this is a huge game. They are direct competitors and only a point behind us. Aaaand they try to wear claret and blue like it's their own thing. Imposters and thieves.

Well we did give them the claret and blue colours after they beat us in a friendly.

• Shocked 1