Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Has anyone suggested putting Nakamba alongside Luiz and pushing McGinn into the position vacated by Barkley?

He’s played a grand total of 13 minutes of Premier League football this season, I can’t fathom a universe where Smith starts him today.

15 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Has anyone suggested putting Nakamba alongside Luiz and pushing McGinn into the position vacated by Barkley?

We know what type of player Nakamba is and its tempting to call it like you do.

The burning question is, can he play at this level?

when I watch him, too many get past him, too easily......sure he wins the odd tackle......its not enough, you have to dominate the ball and be a disruptive force.........he doesn't, do that ,regularly enough.

its games like tonights what shows up the weaknesses in the squad....but of course I'm talking on paper......big night resting on McGinn & Luiz IMO

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Start McGinn behind Watkins please... against a two in midfield I am unconcerned by Hourihane if he was to start in that case. We will need some spot-on delivery to threaten from set pieces against a very good side in the air. Can't see a 75% fit Traore doing much against these lot tbh.

Watkins and Barkley looked like they have developed good timing from the little that I've seen. Obviously I think it'll be important to have Ollie comfortable with Bark's replacement to provide a punch in addition to Jacks. 

16 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Start McGinn behind Watkins please... against a two in midfield I am unconcerned by Hourihane if he was to start in that case. We will need some spot-on delivery to threaten from set pieces against a very good side in the air. Can't see a 75% fit Traore doing much against these lot tbh.

The fitness is a concern as he faded badly against Brighton, but he should have had 2 assists from FKs!

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Take a point. 

Never....... unless we go 2 down, then i will!

Ill be more confident of a result in this game than i was against Brighton. 

Would have loved Barclay here though!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Never....... unless we go 2 down, then i will!

Ill be more confident of a result in this game than i was against Brighton. 

Would have loved Barclay here though!

Would have been a banker to score first.

Edited by troon_villan

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Why wait for him to become ok when Hourihane can do a perfectly fine job? 

Like he showed against SU and Fulham

Because Traore might have a good game, who knows ? There's no guarantee that any player is going to perform until they get out on to the pitch. We've had games where Hourihane as been anonymous. 

2 hours ago, penguin said:

He’s played a grand total of 13 minutes of Premier League football this season, I can’t fathom a universe where Smith starts him today.

He's been with the squad and sat on the bench every game, and add to that, he trains every day. I have faith in Nakamba to do a job if called upon.