Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I can't honestly think in the middle of all this teams will be signing players. Money is down, international transfers are pretty much impossible.

Yes and No.  Generally I think teams will be not really going after transfers but two categories where I think they will be....

1)  Teams that are in trouble who need to pick up a few players including West Brom with Big Sam just in and wanting some players in starting with Snoddy.  Or Liverpool in desperate need of a centre back.

2)  Deals that have been worked on for months and just need to get across the line like Man Utd and Diallo.  We may have one like that, who knows!!! 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yes and No.  Generally I think teams will be not really going after transfers but two categories where I think they will be....

1)  Teams that are in trouble who need to pick up a few players including West Brom with Big Sam just in and wanting some players in starting with Snoddy.  Or Liverpool in desperate need of a centre back.

2)  Deals that have been worked on for months and just need to get across the line like Man Utd and Diallo.  We

may have one like that, who knows!!! 

Rashica?

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think we should sign Shinji Kagawa.

yes he's 31, probably a decent-ish player still, prob ok squad player?, but more than that he would add a Japanese fan element to our club, would be good for our profile.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yes he's 31, probably a decent-ish player still, prob ok squad player?, but more than that he would add a Japanese fan element to our club, would be good for our profile.

Better go for Takefusa Kubo instead.

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We have just signed a Japanese superstar for the womens team for this

I was hopeful of a couple of transfers in the winter, but given the Covid outbreak and its potential consequences, I just want to get through this season, have everyone vaccinated and go for a few blockbuster signings in the summer. 

• Like 1

Seems before all this we told Stoke and other parties that we may loan Davis out end of the month which suggests we were only looking to get in striker last few days of the window.

Just thinking if Ollie Watkins has a bad dose of Covid we'd have to speed that up as obviously no way we could ask him to slug through 90 minutes every 3 days when we start playing again, he wouldn't even be involved and Davis would probably pick up a knock playing games every 3 days so we could end up playing January again with no strikers.