Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

22 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Give Ginnie a rest. This is the sort of games Conor thrives in

................Martinez...............

Cash..Konsa..Mings.....Targett

.....................Luiz......................

...............Conor..Barkley..........

Trez..............Watkins.......Grealish

Agreed - Conor always seems to pop up with assists/goals against the likes of Norwich, Brighton, Newcastle etc 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Agreed - Conor always seems to pop up with assists/goals against the likes of Norwich, Brighton, Newcastle etc 

Will certainly be tough to play regular midfield if this game stays on the Saturday, Luiz is playing away to Peru at 1.30am on Wednesday so won't back in the country until late Thursday unless Wes/Nas send a private jet for him.

McGinn also away in Israel on Wednesday evening.

Hopefully it's moved to the Sunday to give that extra 24 hours although not sure we'll get the coverted 7.15pm slot when we turn into peak Brazil 1970 this time. Anytime on Sunday would be good though.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:47, robby b said:

Only 9️⃣ days to go.

Into single figures now. 

One in six chance this stays as Saturday 3pm.

If as previous weekends then could possibly be... 

12.30 Saturday - Newcastle v Chelsea 

3pm Saturday - TBC

5.30pm - Spurs v Man City 

8pm Saturday - TBC

12pm Sunday - TBC

2pm Sunday - Sheff Utd v West Ham 

4.30 Sunday  Leeds v Arsenal

7.15pm - TBC

5.30 Monday - TBC 

8pm Monday - TBC 

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

PracticalImmaculateAngelwingmussel-size_

That would be my choice or even the Monday to give the international lads a rest. 

Luiz and Martinez will still be on South American duties come early hours of Wednesday and Thursday mornings and then got 10/12hr flights back. 

Luckily we are at home, Bit of a pisser for Chelsea lads on International duty having to play in Newcastle on the Saturday morning. 

Que Frank joining Klopp and Pep in match interviews about kick of times and rightly so in my opinion, 

I would be pissed off if we had to travel our furthest away game at stupid o'clock literally hours after the International lads get back. 

Something seriously needs to be done 

Typical villa will be we draw or lose this

but after another Grealish MotM and McGinn qualifying for euros, with Mings putting in another solid performance we should hopefully have those back and watch us obliterate them 4-0. 

Even though it is against a so-called lower half team, i think a win here could be another statement. Will show everyone we mean business to start getting more 'routine' victories. They are a good side and have some dangermen. Lamptey will be a decent test for Super Jack and Trossard always seems to cause problems for us. I think Lallana is a massive bag of shite and their keeper is very average, tough test but confident for 3 points.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 12:34, smg said:

I have only recently read the thread and given the start we have made am very surprised by the level of pessimism running through it. We are a very different side this year and it’s time to let go of the ‘can’t see us getting anything out of this’ mantra. We still have a way to go and won’t win every week even against teams that form suggests we should, it really is ok to be a little more optimistic and say ‘you know I think we might just do it this week’ 

I have to ask mate and I mean no disrespect at all, but how old are you and how long have you been following Villa? 😂

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

I have to ask mate and I mean no disrespect at all, but how old are you and how long have you been following Villa? 😂

No disrespect taken but I am 62 today and went to Villa park for the first time in 1967, have been a season ticket holder, shareholder when it really was going tits up in ‘68 and have now indoctrinated my two daughters who have flown the flag throughout their schooldays in South London against a variety of fan groups. I’m not sure why this information is relevant perhaps you could enlighten me ?

Was obviously following the club for a few years before my old man thought I was ready to watch a game. Started on the Witton bank with the away fans before graduating to the Holte . Happy days..

Edited by smg
Thinking
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, smg said:

No disrespect taken but I am 62 today and went to Villa park for the first time in 1967, have been a season ticket holder, shareholder when it really was going tits up in ‘68 and have now indoctrinated my two daughters who have flown the flag throughout their schooldays in South London against a variety of fan groups. I’m not sure why this information is relevant perhaps you could enlighten me ?

Was obviously following the club for a few years before my old man thought I was ready to watch a game. Started on the Witton bank with the away fans before graduating to the Holte . Happy days..

I was just curious because I’ve only followed Villa about 20 years and 80% of it had been misery, hence why I also think this will be a typical Villa loss 😂 just wondered where you may have got your cautious optimism from but you’ve followed Villa long enough to see them at their peak so I don’t blame you. 

I hope we win next week and I hope there’s a day soon when we’re 0-3 with fifteen minutes to go and I’m not certain we’re going to blow it (see Arsenal) but there you go. 

I’d take a point right now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smg said:

Oh and Happy Birthday Mate! 

• Like 1