Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So we’re the second fixture of the day on Saturday, following on from Newcastle vs. Chelsea. All we need is a Bruce masterclass with a 9-0-1 formation to bore Chelsea into a 0-0; coupled with a Villa win and we go top for a while. 

Stop the count and print the T-Shirts its happening!!!!

We will go top if we win, even if Chelsea beat Newcastle. Provided we win by a goal more than they do.

We can't finish the weekend top though as Liverpool play Leicester. 

32 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We will go top if we win, even if Chelsea beat Newcastle. Provided we win by a goal more than they do.

We can't finish the weekend top though as Liverpool play Leicester. 

Yeah. I think Leicester will win that quite comfortably. We’d also have to better Chelsea’s result by 2 goals more

Oof. Going to be tired legs out there. McGinn will be playing three games of 90 minutes I guess again :( Jack has already played 150 minutes, and will doubtless start on wednesday in a pointless game. Luiz too. 

Do Brighton have many internationals away?

I think this one may be a draw.

International beaks are the bane of football's existence. If it wasn't for Jack, it'd be 10 times worse.

Seeing the amount of players we have playing in far flung destinations over this break, coupled with the amount of minutes they are playing, I'm gonna downgrade my 1-1 prediction to a 2-0 loss sadly. 

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

International beaks are the bane of football's existence. If it wasn't for Jack, it'd be 10 times worse.

Seeing the amount of players we have playing in far flung destinations over this break, coupled with the amount of minutes they are playing, I'm gonna downgrade my 1-1 prediction to a 2-0 loss sadly. 

Yes you just cant predict anything after these international breaks. It favours the teams who don't have many internationals. 

58 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We've been really lucky during this International break.

Look at other clubs who are losing players to Covid and injuries.

44 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

We've lost our two previous home games, we're not losing this one.

Oh FFS. Just stop it 🤣