18 team Premier League?

danceoftheshamen

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Considering the clubs behind this have American owners there will probably not be a relegation system in place in this so called super league.

You're right. This whole thing has the stink of America all over it.

Pity, because I do like a lot of aspects of the MLB and NFL systems over our own, but this is just shite.

Edited by His Name Is Death

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Considering the clubs behind this have American owners there will probably not be a relegation system in place in this so called super league.

Probably a draft after each season and a salary cap. Best of all the best of 7 Super League final  between the Liverpool Lepers vs the Barcelona Bees

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

You're right. This whole thing has the stink of America all over it.

Pity, because I do like a lot of aspects of the MLB and NFL systems over our own, but this is just shite.

It’s totally US driven, the investment is being talked about in $$ which is a giveaway.

I just can’t see it, feels like posturing because they didn’t get their way over changes to the PL structure.

Clubs in Europe have far more fan-power too, particularly in Germany so I can’t see this going down well there, not sure the Bayern fans will fancy a regular trip to Doha to watch their team.

• Haha 1

Please let them go.

The premier league would be such a better  and entertaining league without these lot.

I gurantee it flops bad. Even the most die hard fan isnt going to be travelling abroad each week to watch their team.  Also psg vs liverpool wont have the same fire and passion as livepool vs Everton 

• Like 3

If this does happen, as well as getting rid of them from the domestic league, I'd like to see European FAs take a similar approach to English rugby when France were spending big bucks to hoover up talent ie feel free to go, but don't expect a national team call up.

Fans would quickly grow bored with this European League. It lacks the passion of the domestic game. Supporters of the other clubs in this country, who make up the vast bulk of the nations fans, would simply have no interest in this plastic fan, money driven farce. Like others have said, if they come crawling back, they must start again at the very bottom. Or hopefully simply told to sling their hooks.

• Like 2

If this Super European league comes into fruition and it means that the existing teams remain in that league for 20 years. The remaining Premier league clubs should vote them out.. Simple. 

This is going to be nasty by the looks of it, law suits ect 

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also interesting this is being pushed so hard in a season where Everton and Villa are competing with the big boys.

This is where I am, they trying to get all this sorted before other clubs gate crash the big money.

Â