Weekends Football 25/27 September

andykeenan

1 minute ago, sne said:

That's fine, but it's still a crap shoot as shown by the penalties given and not given yesterday in the Palace- Everton game for identical situations.

And the Haivertz non-handball

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

VAR  out too, its actually becoming farcical now and starting to look a bit dodgy.

100 % agreed.

VAR is ruining the game.

I don't care if refs makes the wrong call every now and again. Goal technology is fine but remove VAR.

• Like 2

The handball rule is ridiculous. It’s not a foul any other area of the pitch. Carroll looked a little offside too. 

It’s a repeat of last season where Newcastle won games with a single shot on target. Horrible club to watch. Their luck will run out eventually. 

• Like 1

Can the rules be amended mid-season?This is an absolute farce.

Advantage play is to now cannon highballs into the box whenever possible and hope it hits an arm. Making luck far too big a determining factor of the result at the moment, so many penalties for bullshit.

I think VAR has been a lot better this season tbh (so far).

This handball rule is an utter joke though. You can't jump without moving your arms, therefor having your arms out when jumping shouldn't be deemed "unnatural"

Makes no sense at all.

The thing is they probably won't be able to change the law until the end of the season now as they can never admit something doesn't work and alter it, just carry on with the farce week in, week out instead.  It's a shame because I think for most other types of decision it has been positive especially with the refs looking at the monitors.

Â