Weekends Football 25/27 September

andykeenan

Just now, Rodders said:

VAR needs to **** off now

It's not VAR, it's the rules. The rules are bollocks. We may as well insist every outfield player has their arms amputated. It's not handball, it's not in the spirit of the original rule, and it's ruining the sport. It's bollocks.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Absolutely ridiculous decision. How can a ref, a linesman, VAR come to the conclusion that this is a penalty?

I think the problem is that they have to come to that decision because of the stupid definition of what constitutes a hand ball.

Awful rule.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Absolutely ridiculous decision. How can a ref, a linesman, VAR come to the conclusion that this is a penalty?

Those are the rules though, it's clear. If you are a manager now you need to coach players to aim for the arms. Any contact it's probably a pen. 

Edited by villa89

It isnt VAR, it's the handball rule now. Any contact with the hand is a handball regardless of intention, where the ball or arm is.  

It's a disgrace to be honest and Newcastle are a disgrace to the premier league. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Those a the rules it's a clear. 

Yeah you’re right, but saying that I’ve seen other handballs not given because an element of common sense was applied. I can’t remember what game it was last week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Any contact with the hand is a handball regardless of intention, where the ball or arm is.  

That's not correct. As I understand it's only a handball if your arms are outside your natural silhouette. Yes you read that right.... 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

The rules is the rules

That's fine, but it's still a crap shoot as shown by the penalties given and not given yesterday in the Palace- Everton game for identical situations.

Â