Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Would take him on a free as long as his wages were performance related. Basic of 20k in the match day squad another 5k plays another 10k.

Injuries and lack of fitness would be my concern.

On the plus side, he's probably realised he has a short time left to play and earn, I'm guessing his lifestyle means he hasn't got the sort of money left he should have from the contracts he was given. That means he is more likely to try and keep fit and put maximum effort in to football.

I've heard him get a lot of praise this season. He has that bit of quality on the ball. But how is energy, his pressing?

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

We've really backed ourselves into a corner trying to buy backup midfielders cheaper than our starting midfielders

Sorry what do you mean brother? 

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Cool, let's just get it done quickly and move on to the next one 👍

I agree, then Hermoso next week after La Liga season ends and we’ve done some good business before the window even opens

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I agree, then Hermoso next week after La Liga season ends and we’ve done some good business before the window even opens

Yeah, that'd be great. 

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Would take him on a free as long as his wages were performance related. Basic of 20k in the match day squad another 5k plays another 10k.

Injuries and lack of fitness would be my concern.

On the plus side, he's probably realised he has a short time left to play and earn, I'm guessing his lifestyle means he hasn't got the sort of money left he should have from the contracts he was given. That means he is more likely to try and keep fit and put maximum effort in to football.

Hello 2004.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That’s really interesting… so he could actually have been restored to his more natural role or style. Must have matured and gained confidence with the different experiences he has had…

We won’t be welcoming back the same player… should continue in this vein and help us keep hold of the ball better. I’m pleasantly surprised with his stats around ball recoveries and aerials.. he can help us while providing low cost depth…

Allows us to spend more on higher priority signings/positions. No doubt we needed to improve our depth and options.

They still had Marvellous or Lokanga playing the DM role though.

I can only think we've seen what a big miss Tielemans is when he hasn't played in last three months so we're just trying to find a low cost option who has many of his attributes and Barkley probably does.

I just don't like the feeling we could decide as the summer goes on that any DM we want is just going to cost too much in fee and/or wages and we'd then just decide to go with this for first half of the season:

Luiz          Tielemans 

Barkley    McGinn

I think due to the low fee and that he will be playing more than most of us think, unai will offer him between 90000-120000 per week. He isn’t a young player and you can’t have these huge discrepancies in salary between senior members of the squad, that will be recognised and unai won’t want avoidable discord….so he will treble or quadruple his salary and still play plenty of games for us this season as we aren’t quite at the level where he will be permanent fixture on the bench like at some teams …. Sensible signing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s a shame Fab went down the route of providing updates with no actual new information either 

Just warming up for his busiest time of year, I suppose 😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They still had Marvellous or Lokanga playing the DM role though.

I can only think we've seen what a big miss Tielemans is when he hasn't played in last three months so we're just trying to find a low cost option who has many of his attributes and Barkley probably does.

I just don't like the feeling we could decide as the summer goes on that any DM we want is just going to cost too much in fee and/or wages and we'd then just decide to go with this for first half of the season:

Luiz          Tielemans 

Barkley    McGinn

I’d love us to have a play at Ugarte on loan with an option to buy. That would be smart business. Totally transform and solidify our midfield. 

• Like 1

Â