Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

37 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Still human. The premier league didnt have 19 covid cases 2 weeks ago. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that going to work in a pandemic is not ideal. I’m WFH as I have severe asthma and I’ve turned down freelance work, my health is more important. 

He saw the pound signs and went for it.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

In Sam's defence, hes 66, a pretty at risk population, similar for Roy Hodgson. While an extended break will suit his team (let's not chuck stones here, I seem to recall we benefitted from one of these) he will I'm sure have his own health in the back of his mind.

Oh I agree, and I said earlier in the thread that if I was a baggies fan that this is exactly what I'd want to hear from my manager.  

With every situation, like last season's covid shutdown and this season's 5 subs situation clubs will always take a view that benefits their club

I'm guilty of this myself, last season I was screaming for the PL to be void,  this season I'd  be gutted if it was. 

Sam is being clever. Not only is the headline not 'WBA take a battering' there  is no doubt that a break helps his team 

Should finish the season with all games free to view on television, or stream. Don't bring back fans until it's safe to say no outbreaks will come as a consequence. Have teams live under fairly strict rules for conduct off the pitch, to ensure nobody gets sick, and the season can be completed as fairly as possible, and as competitively as possible.

Melbourne's had a solid month of no new cases recorded. I don't see that happening for England unless similar stringent and strict precautions are in place.

Hate Leeds, never liked them and getting peeved off at the attention they get now

....Of course, Bielsa's side will face much sterner tests from now until the end of the season than they did at West Brom and he is right to urge caution, but if they continue to produce the kind of attacking displays that put Sam Allardyce's side to the sword, they are certain to add to their seven wins so far this season.

With the table very congested at the top, Leeds now find themselves just three points behind fifth-placed Aston Villa and a consistent run of results could see them continue their rise up the standings. How high will come down to consistency and whether Bielsa's side can last the pace.

But whatever happens, there will not be a dull moment along the way watching this Leeds side.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12174338/premier-league-hits-and-misses-leeds-aiming-high-under-marcelo-bielsa-bukayo-saka-leading-youthful-arsenal

Biesla isnt that good IMO, his european history is covered in controversies and despite some high profile managers really liking him he's barely won anything at club level and not for 20+ years and not in Europe, yet still got rated third best FIFA coach in the world in 2020!!!  WTF! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Football_Coach).  Even if you like his football his spygate last season should eliminate him because that award is also based on appropriate behaviour.  How he is mentioned in the same light as Klopp and Flick is beyond me.

Then the above first article talks about how high can Leeds go this season and say they are three points behind us as if they are close.  They are six places in the league below us, in 11th spot and having played 2 games extra.

Do I enjoy watching them?  more so than watching Burnley or how Big Sam will set up WBA.  But as one of the commentators  said last night, it's because he (Bielsa) doesnt care about conceding he just cares about scoring more than the opposition and he floods the opposition box.  This is good for the neutral but in terms of coaching is not the way to play and certainly not going to win you anything or get you competing for anything.  At best you could call him an entertainer but certainly not a great coach.

Maybe that's why he and Leeds get loads of attention, in that they play like we did as kids where everybody attacked.  For me, I prefer how we play, solid at the back and creative players creating goals and that's more in line with the alignment of this thread of looking for glory.   Thankfully ex footballers are noticing us more even if the media dont seem to be.....maybe it's better flying under the radar.

Edited by blandy
added extract
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

From a Villa PoV.. NO.

The fact that we are not in the cups and are doing well im a congested league where all of the teams had poor pre seasons? No leave the cups going. Get them all ragged.

Shit! When were we knocked out of the FA Cup? 

Missed that one.  Smith out! 

From a Villa PoV.. NO.

The fact that we are not in the cups and are doing well im a congested league where all of the teams had poor pre seasons? No leave the cups going. Get them all ragged.

From a Villa PoV.. NO.

9 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

How good are these supercomputers supposed to be by the way 👀😉

81 points! I'd suggest they're not all that good... How would we get 81 points?

Also it reckons we will only lose one more game this season... lol

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

81 points! I'd suggest they're not all that good... How would we get 81 points?

No more away defeats as well! I know our away form has been good but what on earth.

I’ll have some of what the computer is having!

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

We'll have the League won with one game left so we'll probably play the kids last day. 

Â